Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

baked dinners

View previous topic View next topic Go down

baked dinners

Post  bridgette_1956 on 21.03.12 2:02

Hi brenda here
just joined today dont have a hal oven yet but am looking to buy one
Q1 can u roast a chicken and vegetables at the same time on the two diff racks and ex ring and do they crisp up
Q2 coming from a rural town im having trouble buying the one i want with ex ring HAS ANYONE IN AUSTRALIA bought one on ebay and are they happy with it
Q3 are they as good as they sound as my oven is broken and usually i use my micro/convection to do a roast which comes out the best but cant do the veges in it too soggy

bridgette_1956

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: baked dinners

Post  ozziejude on 21.03.12 7:43

Hi Brenda,
Do you have a crazy clarks or a sams warehouse near you. I bought my first one from Home Art in January had to take it back, got another and the timer broke 2 days ago, got my money back. Bought one from Sams Warehouse Casera Brand it has preset and manual times and temps extentsion ring racks and has its lid attached to an arm so you just swing the lid up like a kenwood mixer. I paid $49.95 on special they are $69.95. I have had great success with it over last few days bread, roasts etc the temps seem to be better and you do not have find somewhere to put the lid.
They take a bit of getting use to put when you do they are great.
Hope this helps Ozzie Jude

ozziejude

THANK YOU : 57

Back to top Go down

baked dinners

Post  bridgette_1956 on 22.03.12 10:25

hi ozzie jude
thank you for your reply i actually bought one of those about 12 months ago from crazy clarks but i found it too hard to raise the arm to put the ex ring on and it took up too much bench space altho i have a big kitchen so i took it back next day.
really want the one with the removable lid as i think it would be a bit more compact. and i want to get one with all the extras like the trays etc.
they have them on ebay but am wondering if anyone has bought one from ebay as u cant just take it back if something is wrong. too much mucking around and postage costs etc
i will go and have a good look around again im not too worried bout price upto $100.
thank u again for your reply
brenda alias bridgette

bridgette_1956

Back to top Go down

Post  ozziejude on 22.03.12 19:34

Hi Brenda,
If you what one without the arm Kmart have them with the ex ring, racks for $39.95 they have them at Crazy Clarks but I am not sure if they have the ex ring.
I use the bottoms of my springform pans as trays and wrap my veg in alfoil to steam.
Happy Hunting
Ozziejude

ozziejude

Back to top Go down

baked dinners

Post  bridgette_1956 on 23.03.12 4:11

thanks ozzie jude
didnt think of K mart will investigate it never shop at K mart LOL although weve had one in the next town from coffs harbour for a couple of years we get lazy in the rural cities 10 klms is too far to travel LOL
thanks again brenda

bridgette_1956

Back to top Go down

FINALLY BOUGHT MY HO

Post  bridgette_1956 on 28.03.12 0:15

Hi Brenda here
Reply to Ozzie Jude, finally found a HO. went to K-Mart and had a look but wanted one a bit more expensive, anyway found a Sunbeam Brand at the GOOD GUYS with all accessories (ex ring frying plate etc) for $86.50 am so happy I finally found a decent one in our rural town.
Will give it a test out tonight WHISH ME LUCK. will post the outcome LOL.
Brenda

bridgette_1956

Back to top Go down

Post  ozziejude on 28.03.12 19:45

Hi Brenda
That was a good price, I looked in the bigger stores and they wanted over $200 for them.
Hope you get as much fun out of using it as I have, roast pork is to die for.
Happy cooking Ozziejude

ozziejude

Back to top Go down

baked dinners

Post  bridgette_1956 on 30.03.12 7:01

hi ozzie jude
i actually have a micro/convention oven that i cook all my roasts in. i just press roast pork (or chicken or lamb or beef) and the oven weighs it and works out the cooking time etc just beeps when half done for me to turn it over and cooks them to perfection and the rind as crisp as can be.
BUT I CANT FIT VEGES IN AT THE SAME TIME and my wall oven broken and i dont use frypans too fatty so hope this works well for my roast veges etc will keep all posted
brenda

bridgette_1956

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:49

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum