Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hi, dont know how to use it at all

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hi, dont know how to use it at all

Post  valerie milne on 20.03.12 9:45

i was given halogen oven dont know how to use it at all book that came with it dosent explain anything Help

valerie milne

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Hi, dont know how to use it at all

Post  junie on 20.03.12 17:45

welcome Valerie

You have come to the right place. Just treat it like a small and efficient oven and you won't go too far wrong. Have a good read of the previous posts when you get time. For help on a specific subject just type 'chicken' for example into the search box and you can easily find all the previous posts and recipes.

If you can't find what you need to know, please ask and we'll try to help you Smile

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  bizziowen on 16.08.12 13:09

Please try it again. It is an oven, get it at the right temp before you put your food in, remember to use the extender if you have a chicken or similar bulk, then leave to cook... I do have a cheek telling you how to use it. I have only had mine a week, have fun.

bizziowen

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  baggiebird64 on 19.08.12 12:23

Hi,ive only used mine once too.All we have to remember is its easier if we use our own bowls,bakeware etc inside on top of the wire rack as it only needs a wipe over instead of a full clean.I made toad in the hole and watched it like a hawk.If i had some of these comments first i would of pre heated the oven first.I cooked the sausage first in my shallow quiche dish in the oven for about 15 mins till they started to turn brown then added the yorkshire mix and turned it down to about 180 and watched it till it was golden brown and looked cooked through.Im going to attempt lamb chump chops in a minute but i have seen you part boil your potatoes first and sprinkle with oil and seasoning before putting in the oven with the chops.I want to make scones etc I bought this to take to our tourer caravan as it doesnt have an oven so im trying topractice before hand

baggiebird64

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  bizziowen on 19.08.12 14:58

How lovely, I can reply and even , maybe, help. I have always part baked potatos in the micro wave first. I pre-heated my H oven to two hundred, just what I used to do with the cooker I had. I put a round of foil on the bottom, it does fly up to the under part of the grid,,, but that is quite good, especially for scones, ..
I think that I have to not think, 'different oven'' its an oven, so use it like one,, You know what they say, A watched pot never boils,,
I bought mine because my cooker oven decided to go on strike,,, so it was either a £400 new stove, or this.. As my neighbour kindly remarked, 'You wont get the worth of it at your age' quite a young 85, . Bizziowen

bizziowen

Back to top Go down

Post  ozziejude on 19.08.12 21:18

Hi to you both,
I used foil on the bottom of my oven too, now I put a metal tray on the bottom and do not have the foil flying around and any drips are caught by the tray. It seems to give extra heat also.
Hope this works for you
Take Care
Ozziejude

ozziejude

THANK YOU : 57

Back to top Go down

Post  bizziowen on 20.08.12 9:20

Hi, is'nt progress wonderful, I learn something from some one in Australia, One of my, many, gran-daughters is on her second year in Aussie, she did the first when she got her degree, loved it so much that she came home, worked madley to get the money and went right back again.getting to know quite a lot about my H oven .. Bizziowen

bizziowen

Back to top Go down

Post  ozziejude on 20.08.12 20:32

Yes, progress is wonderful.
I think, that no other generation will see as much as we have.
Do you communicate with your granddaughter in Australia via the internet.
Which part of Aussie is she in, hope she has a great time here.
Take Care
Ozziejude

ozziejude

Back to top Go down

Post  bizziowen on 20.08.12 21:10

My daughter, her mum, takes to her through Skype. she is in Perth this time, Sidney the last year, is working madly as wants to go to Bali next year, Wish we could have don that, Though as an Indian Army daughter and R A F widow have been there and mostly, done that. Good wishes to Aussiland...bizziowen

bizziowen

Back to top Go down

Post  ozziejude on 20.08.12 23:50

Saves a lot of money to use the internet.
I am in Queensland, have not been anywhere else, I belielve Perth is a nice place.
Take Care
Jude

ozziejude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:34

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum