Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Halogen Oven Virgin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halogen Oven Virgin

Post  kellybarb44 on 24.02.10 14:09

Hi,my name is Barbara and I live on the east coast of Ireland. I have been researching halogen ovens for some time and have just today taken posession of my Andrew James 12l model. So far I have run the selfclean programme and then I baked my first bread roll for lunch. The oven reached temperature very quickly and the baking time I reduced by about 4 mins, it suggested 10 mins on the packet. The roll came out beautifully golden brown and thoroughly cooked. I look forward to using the oven hopefully on a daily basis, as the reason I purchased same was to hopefully cut down on electricity bills as my husband was recently made redundant. Wink

kellybarb44

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Halogen Oven Virgin

Post  Admin on 24.02.10 21:55

Welcome to the forum Barbara

Andrew James is another one I like. You get so many FREE accessories with your purchase.

You will find lots of recipes for the HO here as well as tips.
If you need any advice just ask. We (myself & our active members) will do our best to help.

You husband will find another job soon Barbara, just have faith. My husband did after 11 months.

In the meantime may be he can join us to discuss a few recipe ideas Very Happy

welcome

Reeta

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Thank you Reeta

Post  kellybarb44 on 25.02.10 10:58

Hi Reeta and thank you for your kind words.
I am just about to look at the recipe section as I am eager to start sampling some. I see that you most probably have the same oven as I and yes all the free assessories are great, but I just wanted to ask you about the two plates, one perforated and the other nonstick. I would appreciate if you could advise me what they are for, I think maybe to use the nonstick in the bottom of the oven to collect the juices for gravies and the other perforated for grilling perhaps? Would you please let me know as there is no mention of them in the manual I got and I am afraid to use them incorrectly.
Thank you in advance and I will keep you posted on my culinery progress.
Regards
Barbara

kellybarb44

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 25.02.10 12:35

I have a JML but it's very similar to yours. I didn't know about Andrew James when I bought mine otherwise I would have chosen it for all the free accessories Very Happy

About the 2 trays: The one with the holes is the steaming tray, the one without the holes is the frying/ baking tray. You can use it to collect the juices for gravies when you do a roast since that (the roast) goes straight on the rack

OK Barbara no more excuses now. Get on with your cooking lol!

Reeta
x x

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  kellybarb44 on 25.02.10 15:46

Thanks and will do, have already tried rashers and they came out a treat, without all the splashes of oil all over the cooker top, so YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and here I go.

kellybarb44

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:13

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum