Rechercher Advanced Search

Recipes For Halogen Oven
Affiliates

Hallo from deepest Wales

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hallo from deepest Wales

Post  Utopie on 27.02.12 23:00

Hi everyone,
My real name is Anne and I have returned to the UK after thirty odd years overseas. I moved into a rented house where the oven was half full of something green, furry and I think it showed some teeth and snarled at me Surprised Shocked so I had a tantrum(I do a really good one) and they took it away but didn't replace it so I bought an HO from Aldi for less than 30 quid and as I live alone (except for 110 kilos of dogs) it seems to meet most of my needs with the help of the usual small appliances. Unfortunately, I have not discovered how to cook my banana muffins all the way through and I wonder if the special promo frozen unbaked steak & kidney pies that I bought yesterday in a thoughtless moment will cook all the way through or will they also only cook on top. A neighbour suggests that I turn them over half way through cooking but that seems a bit messy. I bought a cookbook but whilst the recipes are interesting, there are no cakes, pies etc. Does that mean that you can't cook these things? I would appreciate any advice from all you experts, especially if it is of the "yes, you can" variety. Smile

Utopie

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Hallo from deepest Wales

Post  Reeta on 28.02.12 14:21

Utopie wrote:Hi everyone,
I moved into a rented house where the oven was half full of something green, furry and I think it showed some teeth and snarled at me Surprised Shocked
My God, it sounds like something from a Stephen King’s movie lol!

Yes you can do all that in the halogen oven
Some people have no problem with cakes, others need a bit of experimenting to get it right for their oven. There are posts about cakes, frozen pies, muffins etc

If you type in keywords in the search box , you will find all these posts . Please spend some time reading the posts in this forum when you have the time - you will find lots of tips and advice.

We are happy to see you on board Anne.

welcome-birds
Reeta
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 28.02.12 16:21

Welcome Anne

Yes you can but with longer and slower cooking. I'm glad you have joined us.
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Utopie on 29.02.12 14:38

Thank you Reeta and Junie for your replies. I should have looked a bit further before posting but was still smarting from taking out my lovely crisp, golden muffins and finding that there was just a shell covering paper cups full of gooey, gloopy stuff.- and I had put in lots of walnuts and had been so looking forward to gorging on the things. Junie, I think that cooking them longer is certainly the answer. I had given them the same time as I would in a convential fan-assisted oven which was clearly not long enough. I will try again next week as I don't have any bananas now and I cannot be bothered to drive the 8 miles to a shop, however, I will take one of the pies out of the freezer for tonight's dinner, re-adjust my thinking and see how it goes. I will have some sausage, eggs and bacon on standby just in case. Laughing

Anne

Utopie

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum