Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

This forum has given me help to be confident with my HO

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This forum has given me help to be confident with my HO

Post  mommyglitterbabe on 27.02.12 16:54

Thank you for a brill site, the first week i brought the HO it sat in the box while i picked up the courage to try it out.I thought it's going to be another thing in the back of the cupboard.First tried out chips they were great. Then i had the house to myself,so thought i'll try cupcakes if they come out fine,if not no one will know lol.So i used the normal cake mix of 4oz butter, 4oz sugar, 4oz self raising flour, 2 eggs, vanilla extract into silocone cases on the low rack with ER with the high rack with steam tray over so the cakes didn't burn temp 200c they were lovely, then beef & roasters i'd read that many had beef that wasn't cooked properly so thought would cook alittle longer than perhaps i would have, was a little over done but only a little but still sooo moist was brill, carving so beautiful, whole Chicken Amazing, can't get over that you can cook boiled eggs without water lol eggs to perfection. Chilli con-carne was so tasty 1-2 onions,2 cloves garlic crushed 2tbs oil in casarole dish low rack 225c 10min. add mince,til brown reduce temp 175c add 1 stick celery chopped, red or green pepper chopped cook 6-8 min add 1 tin chopped tomatoes, 1 tin of kidney beans (drained) 1/2 pint of beef stock, 2tsp chilli powder.cook for 30-40 min.if you want more chilli once cooked just add as much as you require. I brought a gammon joint from asda that you put in oven in a foil container it has the honey glaze already made for you so simple but again 40 mins in HO pour glaze over cook futher 10 min & ready.Breakfast eggs bacon sausage hmmm, I Love my HO and this site has helped:) Very Happy

mommyglitterbabe

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: This forum has given me help to be confident with my HO

Post  junie on 27.02.12 18:08

free-happy-smileys-9 mommyglitterbabe

Sounds like you are now a fully fledged halogenius. I'm glad we have been able to help.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  mommyglitterbabe on 28.02.12 14:15

junie it has helped, so my HO isn't going in the cupboard Smile

mommyglitterbabe

Back to top Go down

Post  shaun01 on 07.03.12 17:11

Great forum

The amount of information on this site is huge

Had my oven now 6 weeks and I have found all the answers I seek
with out posting. So thank you everyone.

Yes still learning, have come to understand not to overfill the oven, and when cooking cakes use a shallow dish and not one Knee-high. My bread pudding is shear joy to eat.

Those who are finding it hard going------Yes you will have disasters but patients is name of the game

shaun01

THANK YOU : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  mommyglitterbabe on 07.03.12 22:10

You are right shuan it is a good site. think people still need to think of it as a normal oven but keep checking until you are 100 0/0 but not be phased by it hope you've shared you bread pudding on here (the recipe lol)I do love it. Happy Cooking Smile

mommyglitterbabe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 15:04

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum