Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Affiliates
Free Recipes

Whats gone wrong ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Whats gone wrong ??

Post  mikeB on 15.02.12 16:47

Our Andrew James 12L arrived today and after pondering on what to try out first we decided on a sponge mixture in a square baking tin as the basis of a tray bake. After preheating the HO we placed the tin on the High rack, put on the Extender ring,set temp at 170c, timer @ 30 mins.
After said time had elapsed cake was looking good-nicely risen and good colour. On removing cake from tin and turning upside down we were disapointed to see that an area of about 3 inches in diameter and for a half the depth of the cake was uncooked--Everything surrounding it was cooked to perfection. What did we do wrong????

==============

mikeB

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats gone wrong ??

Post  Reeta on 16.02.12 8:55

Hi Mike,

baking cakes and breads have become a challenge for most halogen oven users.

Here's my answer to a previous post from Liz http://halogenovenrecipes.forumotion.com/t1964-lemon-and-orange-drizzle-cake?highlight=lemon

Other members have baked the same Lemon and orange drizzle cake without any problem.

Exclamation

Reeta
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  eajess on 17.02.12 14:52

Hi Mike

I tried this recipe from the Halogen Oven Secret. The first attempt was a disaster, the second was ok but I wouldn't have won any prizes for appearance at the WI. I tried it again today, but in cup cake fashion. Turned out fine. Baking tray on the base, low rack and ER. Pre heated at 165 and baked 12 - 15 mins. I tried on 170 but cakes browned too quickly. This might not be want you wanted but I have found out in the last 3 weeks a success boosts your confidence, also cup cakes can tested quickly. Hope this makes sense and helps. Liz

eajess

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeB on 17.02.12 17:46

Thanks Eajess and Reeta. Will give your suggestions a go at the weekend. Did sausages wrapped in bacon and jacket potatoes last night=came out a treat.

mikeB

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum