Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Whats gone wrong ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Whats gone wrong ??

Post  mikeB on 15.02.12 16:47

Our Andrew James 12L arrived today and after pondering on what to try out first we decided on a sponge mixture in a square baking tin as the basis of a tray bake. After preheating the HO we placed the tin on the High rack, put on the Extender ring,set temp at 170c, timer @ 30 mins.
After said time had elapsed cake was looking good-nicely risen and good colour. On removing cake from tin and turning upside down we were disapointed to see that an area of about 3 inches in diameter and for a half the depth of the cake was uncooked--Everything surrounding it was cooked to perfection. What did we do wrong????

==============

mikeB

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats gone wrong ??

Post  Admin on 16.02.12 8:55

Hi Mike,

baking cakes and breads have become a challenge for most halogen oven users.

Here's my answer to a previous post from Liz http://halogenovenrecipes.forumotion.com/t1964-lemon-and-orange-drizzle-cake?highlight=lemon

Other members have baked the same Lemon and orange drizzle cake without any problem.

Exclamation

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  eajess on 17.02.12 14:52

Hi Mike

I tried this recipe from the Halogen Oven Secret. The first attempt was a disaster, the second was ok but I wouldn't have won any prizes for appearance at the WI. I tried it again today, but in cup cake fashion. Turned out fine. Baking tray on the base, low rack and ER. Pre heated at 165 and baked 12 - 15 mins. I tried on 170 but cakes browned too quickly. This might not be want you wanted but I have found out in the last 3 weeks a success boosts your confidence, also cup cakes can tested quickly. Hope this makes sense and helps. Liz

eajess

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeB on 17.02.12 17:46

Thanks Eajess and Reeta. Will give your suggestions a go at the weekend. Did sausages wrapped in bacon and jacket potatoes last night=came out a treat.

mikeB

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 20:43

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum