Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Bubbles in glass bowl

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bubbles in glass bowl

Post  Thinlizzy on 20.01.10 18:47

Hi everyone,

Believe it or not we have just purchased a second oven. My first that I got for Christmas is a JML and it's brilliant. My husband decided to buy me a second oven as we have a rather large family (five sons) who, if they all visit together, need a lot to feed them all Very Happy
Anyway, the second oven arrived today from Coopers of Stortford and I'm a bit disappointed in its condition. The lid is marked and doesn't appear to be brand new (although the underside where the actual element is looks okay). More of a concern is that inside the glass bowl there's a bubble that is rough to the touch (so it's not totally enclosed if you know what I mean). There are also some other "lines" (scoring) in the glass bowl internally. No Do you think this is safe? afraid
It comes with a year's warranty but is it safe?

I've emailed Coopers so I will post their response on the forum, I asked them to explain why it was sent out in this condition and could they replace the bowl. Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing? and what was the outcome?

Appreciate any feedback before I possibly return the item to Coopers.
thank you

Thinlizzy

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Bubbles in the glass bowl

Post  wimplebum on 20.01.10 20:25

Hi Thinlizzy,

You said theres a bubble in the bowl. That would make me very nervous personally because a typical example of what can happen is if you put a glass dish in the microwave that has a bubble in it - it will explode because the air will build too much pressure. I am not sure that the Halogen Oven bowl would explode, but I would not risk it myself. It would be much safer - especially as the bowl sounds to be sub-standard quality to me - to send it back and ask for a replacement.

I would not take risks. To me, unless it's meant to be there, I would never have a bowl that is used with heat with bubbles in as it just doesn't sound safe.

I hope I haven't scared or frightened you but you do have to be careful.

Also, if its rough, depending how bad it is, that can make it a bit more difficult to keep clean and as its a container for food, hygein is important.

Hope that helps

Be safe and take care

wimplebum

THANK YOU : 34

Back to top Go down

Coopers of Stortford

Post  Thinlizzy on 22.01.10 12:25

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply and I've taken heed and am "attempting" to return the oven to Coopers of Stortford who sent it out even though we ordered it on Amazon. Don't know if anyone else has dealt with this Company but their response to attempted telephone calls and emails sent is awful Evil or Very Mad I finally managed to get to speak to a human being this morning by calling the orders telephone line (surprise that eh!) and complained to them. Supposedly someone is going to call me back "this morning" but as it's now 12.25pm that isn't going to happen! I just hope someone does call today...but in case they don't I've already drafted a "blasting" letter of complaint Twisted Evil

Anyway, I'll let you know how I get on as it may assist others who might be thinking of dealing with this Company. I've already read some bad feedback for them on other websites.

In case anyone else is attempting to call them I have found out their direct telephone number so don't have to use the "0844" number that they give on their paperwork!

All the best,
Marion

Thinlizzy

Back to top Go down

Calling companies

Post  wimplebum on 22.01.10 19:28

Hi Thinlizzy,

Hope you manage to get somewhere with them. You are the second person to have posted about a bubble in the glass bowl, so others are having similar problems. Cant remember where they got theirs from.

Little suggestion that works about 90% of the time. When you call a company and get one of those automated systems either press 1 for ... 2 for ... etc or voice activation, if they dont say anything about the # button for such and such service, try pressing it. In my experience, if a company uses one of these systems and doesnt have a service linked to the #, by pressing it you normally get through to customer services. I have done that with credit card companies and book clubs.

Look forward to hearing developments in your efforts there.

wimplebum

Back to top Go down

Bubbles in glass bowl

Post  Thinlizzy on 28.01.10 18:48

Hi John,

I'm very pleased to advise that I have now received a complete replacement oven from Coopers. It took a great deal of effort to make contact, I actually managed to speak to a "human being" by ringing their sales line (surprise, surprise) and making my complaint to the sales guy. He got someone to ring me back at the end of the day and the result was.....new oven received on Tues of this week. Very Happy

So to anyone else having problems the moral of the story is - persevere and don't accept shoddy goods Evil or Very Mad .

Marion

Thinlizzy

Back to top Go down

Re: Bubbles in glass bowl

Post  Admin on 28.01.10 20:47

agree too

Well done Marion

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

New Oven

Post  wimplebum on 28.01.10 23:06

Hi Marrion,

I am really pleased you managed to get that sorted out. Just a suggestion, those awful press this for that or that for the other or voice activated systems, try pressing the # button on the phone - normally takes you through to customer services if it doesn't repeat itself. Works about 90% of the time.

Well done though

wimplebum

Back to top Go down

Re: Bubbles in glass bowl

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:09

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum