Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Bread Pudding by Thinlizzy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bread Pudding by Thinlizzy

Post  wimplebum on 19.01.10 22:23

This is a recipe that Thinlizzy has kindly put up on the forum in the questions section. Her recipe is originally in a fan assisted oven, but she has done it in the Halogen Oven with success.

Her recipe is as follows:

I just simply put my ceramic dish on top of the low wire rack and cooked the bread pudding at 175 degrees for the first hour and then 160 for an extra 20 mins approx. and it turned out beautifully. I guess you'll just have to try it and see and I hope it turns out as good for you.

Bread Pudding:
Ingredients: 1lb bread - can be white or brown but cut off the crusts if they are particularly thick and hard - 1 pint milk, 4 oz melted butter, 6 oz soft dark brown sugar (you can use white if you can't get soft brown),
4 level TEASPOONS mixed spice, 2 beaten eggs, 12 oz mixed fruit - can be currants, raisins, sultanas or mixed fruit with candied peel in it. 3-4 oz chopped dates and about 6 or seven cut up glace cherries plus a large TABLESPOON of black treacle (but this is an optional extra).
Grated rind of a large orange & finally some freshly grated nutmeg.

Method: For a normal oven only - Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C (350 F). Grease a 4-5 pint baking dish - this will probably be about the size of the 10" baking tin but I use a square pottery lasagna dish.
Begin by breaking the bread into pieces and place them in a large bowl. Pour over the milk, give it a good stir and then leave it for about 15 mins so the bread soaks up all the milk.
Then add the melted butter, the sugar and the mixed spice and beaten egg. Beat the mixture well making sure that there are no lumps remaining then stir in the mixed fruit, chopped dates and glace cherries and grated orange rind.
Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish and grate some fresh nutmeg over the top.
For a normal oven only - Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 1 1/4 hours, middle shelf.

As I said above, for the halogen oven I simply put the dish onto the low rack (to aid circulation of the heat) and cooked for approx. 1 hour on 175 degrees then lowered the heat to 160 for about another 20 mins.

Many thanks to Thinlizzy for such a delicious recipe. thank you
chef feedme

wimplebum

THANK YOU : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: Bread Pudding by Thinlizzy

Post  lindysunshine on 07.07.10 15:43

memories from my childhood have just come flooding back, sounds like the one my mum used to make...Thank you..Lindy.

lindysunshine

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  annie-annie on 24.08.10 17:21

lindysunshine wrote:memories from my childhood have just come flooding back, sounds like the one my mum used to make...Thank you..Lindy.

agree Absolutely true Lindy! I'm going to give this one a try ASAP!!

thank you Thinlizzy

annie

annie-annie

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  silken on 08.09.10 12:12

Hi Thinlizzy,

I have just joined the forum and I am glad that I came across your recipe for bread pudding. I had sent away for some cookery books and decided to try the scone recipe in 'The Halogen Oven Cookbook' by Paul Jones and Leah Meads... well, I am a experienced cook and normally make beautiful scones but, alas, these turned out too brown on the top and undercooked on the bottom so, instead of feeding them to the chickens I am going to turn them into your bread & butter pudding dish.

I'll let you know how it turns out !!! Laughing

Cheers

Silken

silken

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  annie-annie on 09.09.10 11:21

silken wrote:Hi Thinlizzy,

I have just joined the forum and I am glad that I came across your recipe for bread pudding. I had sent away for some cookery books and decided to try the scone recipe in 'The Halogen Oven Cookbook' by Paul Jones and Leah Meads... well, I am a experienced cook and normally make beautiful scones but, alas, these turned out too brown on the top and undercooked on the bottom so, instead of feeding them to the chickens I am going to turn them into your bread & butter pudding dish.

I'll let you know how it turns out !!! Laughing

Cheers

Silken

Hi Silken - I'm a new member too,with new Halogen oven(!) and am checking out recipe books. Is the book you mention 'The Halogen Oven Cookbook' by Paul Jones and Leah Meads... ' a fairly comprehensive one, with times and shelves etc for various meals? May seem to lack these (to me) vital bits of info!! Sad
BTW - out of stock at Amazon,no indication of when available

Kind regards
annie

annie-annie

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:53

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: