Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Accessories to make stew or soups?

Go down

Accessories to make stew or soups?

Post  Iguenther on 21.01.12 14:03

Dear Fellow Cooks,

I just joined this forum because I baught a halogen oven here in Singapore and was hoping I can do the same things like in the slow cooker just faster. So I tried to make my oxtail vegetable stew in it when it dawned to me that it will not work. The surface got hot the soupe below was cold.
So I did some research on the internet and came across the casserole accessory. Now I have a few questions:

Whenever I do a soup or stew do I need the casserole for it so the air can circulate around it?
Is there anything special about the casserole or can I use any casserole or dish which can be used in an oven and can stand temperatures up to 200C?

Has anyone compared the time it takes to make a stew in a slow cooker or crock pot (on hottest setting) versus halogen oven?

Thanks in advance.

Ilonka

Iguenther

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Accessories to make stew or soups?

Post  junie on 21.01.12 14:38

Hi Ilonka

You can use any dish in your HO that is safe for use in a 'big' oven. You do need to allow the air to circulate around your dish.
I haven't made a stew in my HO so can't advise on time comparisons - perhaps someone else has Question
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Phylis on 02.11.12 16:27

Hi Ilonka, One book that I have recommends using a cast iron casserole dish for good heat distribution, I haven't got one but would be interested to know if someone has found them good for stews etc. Best wishes. ps I am new to Halogen Cooking, made a very nice sponge cake this morning which is encouraging. P

Phylis

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum