Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Accessories to make stew or soups?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Accessories to make stew or soups?

Post  Iguenther on 21.01.12 14:03

Dear Fellow Cooks,

I just joined this forum because I baught a halogen oven here in Singapore and was hoping I can do the same things like in the slow cooker just faster. So I tried to make my oxtail vegetable stew in it when it dawned to me that it will not work. The surface got hot the soupe below was cold.
So I did some research on the internet and came across the casserole accessory. Now I have a few questions:

Whenever I do a soup or stew do I need the casserole for it so the air can circulate around it?
Is there anything special about the casserole or can I use any casserole or dish which can be used in an oven and can stand temperatures up to 200C?

Has anyone compared the time it takes to make a stew in a slow cooker or crock pot (on hottest setting) versus halogen oven?

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Re: Accessories to make stew or soups?

Post  junie on 21.01.12 14:38

Hi Ilonka

You can use any dish in your HO that is safe for use in a 'big' oven. You do need to allow the air to circulate around your dish.
I haven't made a stew in my HO so can't advise on time comparisons - perhaps someone else has Question

Back to top Go down

Post  Phylis on 02.11.12 16:27

Hi Ilonka, One book that I have recommends using a cast iron casserole dish for good heat distribution, I haven't got one but would be interested to know if someone has found them good for stews etc. Best wishes. ps I am new to Halogen Cooking, made a very nice sponge cake this morning which is encouraging. P

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:50

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum