Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Have I done the right thing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have I done the right thing

Post  Tyrintobhealthy on 18.01.12 16:05

Hi I am a newbie and have only used my ho once to cook a chicken and veg. I followed the instructions in the recipie book with the machine only to find hard potatoes and undercooked chicken. I put the oven back on and cooked for a furhter 35 mins. The chicken looked cooked but still was a little red round the joint area? Shocked Potaotes and veg varied between being slightly charred and underdone. I could have cooked the chicken in my gas oven in the time it took to cook in the halogen with better results on the roasted vegies. Any ideas where i went wrong. I am wondering if I did the right thing purchasing this 12l Andrew James Halogen Oven. :confused:

Tyrintobhealthy

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Have I done the right thing

Post  junie on 18.01.12 16:27

Welcome

Most of us have found the 'instructions' that come with these ovens to be a bit of a waste of paper. That's why this forum exists.
Trying to do a whole meal for your first attempt was quite ambitious.

Have a good read of the previous posts when you get time and you'll soon get to grips with your new oven. The roasts are so moist cooked in this way. There are recipes in the A-Z section for roast chicken, roast potatoes and veg which will help you. You can type a topic into the search box and easily see all previous posts and recipes.

Hope this helps.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  worrell thompson on 18.01.12 19:25

forget spending 30 pounds on a halogen oven for roasting chicken go down to tesco and buy a ready cooked one for less than a fiver

worrell thompson

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 18.01.12 19:31

That's ok but after you eat the chicken you don't have a great little oven to cook anything else in !!!

You don't need to post the same thing twice - I've deleted the second copy.

If you are actually interested in Halogen oven cooking, you are very welcome here.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrintobhealthy on 18.01.12 20:10

Hi Julie
Thanks for your reply and the welcome. Yes perhaps I was trying to run before I could walk with it. I have cooked a gammon joint on the hob today in cola then put it into the oven with a honey and mustard glaze to crisp off and it worked a treat. I will read the recipies and posts. I dont know who posted that about the chicken at Tesco lol. Thanks again Very Happy

Tyrintobhealthy

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 18.01.12 20:46

Tyrintobhealthy wrote:. . . I dont know who posted that about the chicken at Tesco lol. Thanks again Very Happy

According to his profile worrell thompson is 12 yrs old (DOB 1999-01-19) Probably his mum is too lazy to cook and that would explain his logic about the tesco chicken

lol!

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:56

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum