Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Affiliates
Free Recipes

Cooking times

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cooking times

Post  MrsMinifer on 15.01.12 18:03

I have just bought my first Halogen Oven from Aldi.
I read somewhere that as a rough guide for converting recipes, you should use the temperature for a fan oven and reduce the cooking time by 10-15 minutes. Does this sound about right? I am intending to cook baked trout tomorrow.

MrsMinifer

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Cooking times

Post  Dave101 on 15.01.12 20:46

Sounds about right to me but I would do a few tests first to establish a baseline for your particular oven before trying anything expensive or elaborate.

Cook a few simple things and see if the timings are about right.

Dave101

THANK YOU : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 15.01.12 23:13

Hi

The shorter the cooking time, the less you need to reduce it - Dave is right Very Happy
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  roleck on 08.11.12 22:25

My oven is preset to 400 degrees F (I'm in the States) (thats somewhere around 200 degrees C . . .this can be changed but I rarely do.
I used the recipe guide to start off with but things took longer than they recommended (I think you will find that is a pretty universal finding). It still takes less time than regular cooking.

The upside is that I love the halogen oven so much that even if it does take the same amount of time I still end up with a cleaner, cooler kitchen with less burnt meat/fat and don't have to scrub out the oven. Rather a nice trade-off.

roleck

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave101 on 09.11.12 3:05

Glad your enjoying halogen oven cooking its been a great success for me, perfect for cooking for one.
I can defrost easily.
Meat gets a good colour and cooks quickly I have done bacon and eggs in it roasted vegetables pretty much everything I did in an oven.

I do find that its easy to overcook things like pizza if I don't use the spacer ring I can end up with a tasty but rather dark pizza.

One thing I like to do is cook the meat over the veg and let the juices drip onto the veg.
Probably not that healthy so I only use it occasionally.
But roasted vegetables esp potatoes do seem to taste better.

Happy cooking

Dave101

THANK YOU : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  psudon on 21.11.12 21:23

Here is a link to a Halogen Oven Cooking times chart. It is a docstock file. I have found it quite helpful.

(link removed)
psudon

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Reeta on 22.11.12 2:43

Thank you Psudon.

We have this info . You will find it here http://halogenovenrecipes.forumotion.com/t2353-morningware-halogen-oven-cooking-chart
Reeta
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum