Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Steamed vegetables

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steamed vegetables

Post  TriciaB on 10.01.12 17:59

feedme Hi, Have just plucked up enough courage to start using my HO. I love the roast potatoes that I do, and the meat, but I have one problem and that is with the steamed vegetables which turn out black in places. I cook the roast potatoes on the bottom rack, later (as was the case today) I add the vegetables sealed in foil with a tablespoon of water, and a chop on the top shelf. I cook for 10 minutes at 200. I then turned the chop and cooked everything for a further 10 minutes. The greens were cooked but looked blackened in places and not very nice, although they tasted fine and slighly crunchy. It is mainly cauliflower which seems to be the problem although sometimes the broccoli looks similar. The meat was wonderful (I didn't oil it). Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong please? The runner beans I did turned out fine. I am breaking the cauli and the broccoli into small florets before I wrap them up. It would be nice to have a meal which looks as good as it tastes! madsmileys ps. Sorry, should have added that I use the extender ring to cook a meal like this.

Last edited by TriciaB on 10.01.12 18:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed out about the extender ring.)

TriciaB

THANK YOU : 5

Back to top Go down

Re: Steamed vegetables

Post  Admin on 10.01.12 20:03

"black, crunchy" - it sounds like they were burnt Tricia.

(Extender ring on) that's good Smile

Next time put your parcels of vegetables on the bottom rack, at least for the cauliflower and broccoli.

Even with the extender ring in place the heat coming from the top was too much for them.

coucoufleurbleue

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Steamed vegetables

Post  TriciaB on 10.01.12 20:13

We live and learn Reeta, we live and learn! Yes, I would say they were burnt, but didn't think that would happen through the foil. Sad
Problem was (and usually is) that I love roast potatoes, especially when they are done in pig fat, and I don't really have room to put veg on the bottom shelf when the roasties are cooking. I often wonder how people manage when they are cooking for a family. I only cook for myself and, occasionally, a friend and it is a squash getting all the stuff in - and I do have the 17L model by the way. Thank you for your prompt answer. cheers

TriciaB

THANK YOU : 5

Back to top Go down

Re: Steamed vegetables

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:58

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum