Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hi Everybody, New HO for Christmas.

Go down

Hi Everybody, New HO for Christmas.

Post  radioman6031 on 08.01.12 22:10

Hi,

Got a Visicook HO, it was bought from Costco and on box says with free height extender but it wasn`t there. Still experimenting, roast potatoes ok now on bottom rack, about 30-40 mins I boil them for 7 mins first. Shop pies get burnt at top so I need the extender, wonder if the one advertised on the Halogen Oven shop would fit, it doesn`t say how many litres my oven is.Tried carrots in foil with water and gradually getting better.Not sure about brocolli. Will try a whole chicken soon,what about all the fat, is it best to put a tray in bottom under the rack.I find using 2 racks fiddly as can`t remove the top rack as the legs are underneath the bottom rack. I`m quite impressed though and should be cheaper than the gas oven. Any tips would be welcome. Thanks..John.

radioman6031

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi Everybody, New HO for Christmas.

Post  junie on 08.01.12 23:21

Welcome radioman6031

Addressing one thing at a time, why pay for an extender - just go back to Costco and ask for what you have already paid for. It is an essential part of the HO.
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  radioman6031 on 10.01.12 9:44

Hi Junie. I have contacted them but I have to return the oven and buy a new one, not sure if they will accept it now as the metal grill is burnt. In the packing there doesn`t seem room for the extender so the others may not have them either but there are no vouchers to get one free.I`m going there later this week.They said I should have returned it before I used it but I thought they could just give me the extender but they don`t work like that.

radioman6031

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 11.01.12 11:27

Hi John

Good luck with Costco - I don't see why they can't give you the extender out of another box - that way, they still have a new oven to sell even if they have to mark the price down.

Here is a link to my roast chicken recipe which answers your question about a dish underneath -

http://halogenovenrecipes.forumotion.com/t578-chicken-lemon-herb-roast-chicken?highlight=roast+chicken

I can't find any online info about your HO so I don't know if the extender would fit, sorry.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum