Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hi Everybody, New HO for Christmas.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi Everybody, New HO for Christmas.

Post  radioman6031 on 08.01.12 22:10

Hi,

Got a Visicook HO, it was bought from Costco and on box says with free height extender but it wasn`t there. Still experimenting, roast potatoes ok now on bottom rack, about 30-40 mins I boil them for 7 mins first. Shop pies get burnt at top so I need the extender, wonder if the one advertised on the Halogen Oven shop would fit, it doesn`t say how many litres my oven is.Tried carrots in foil with water and gradually getting better.Not sure about brocolli. Will try a whole chicken soon,what about all the fat, is it best to put a tray in bottom under the rack.I find using 2 racks fiddly as can`t remove the top rack as the legs are underneath the bottom rack. I`m quite impressed though and should be cheaper than the gas oven. Any tips would be welcome. Thanks..John.

radioman6031

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi Everybody, New HO for Christmas.

Post  junie on 08.01.12 23:21

Welcome radioman6031

Addressing one thing at a time, why pay for an extender - just go back to Costco and ask for what you have already paid for. It is an essential part of the HO.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  radioman6031 on 10.01.12 9:44

Hi Junie. I have contacted them but I have to return the oven and buy a new one, not sure if they will accept it now as the metal grill is burnt. In the packing there doesn`t seem room for the extender so the others may not have them either but there are no vouchers to get one free.I`m going there later this week.They said I should have returned it before I used it but I thought they could just give me the extender but they don`t work like that.

radioman6031

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 11.01.12 11:27

Hi John

Good luck with Costco - I don't see why they can't give you the extender out of another box - that way, they still have a new oven to sell even if they have to mark the price down.

Here is a link to my roast chicken recipe which answers your question about a dish underneath -

http://halogenovenrecipes.forumotion.com/t578-chicken-lemon-herb-roast-chicken?highlight=roast+chicken

I can't find any online info about your HO so I don't know if the extender would fit, sorry.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:57

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum