Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Recipe for Baked apples please?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Recipe for Baked apples please?

Post  Fenclare on 07.01.12 20:55

I saw a recipe on a food network which used eating apples as a base for Baked Apples.
As we don't have access to cooking apples in Spain does anyone have a recipe I can use in my HO please?
Th
anks
Chris x

Fenclare

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Recipe for Baked apples please?

Post  Admin on 10.01.12 20:09

Hi Chris,

No one has such recipe at the moment.

There is a baked apple recipe here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is done with baking apples but you could use eating apples and give it a try.

coucoufleurbleue

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  tomtom on 17.01.12 22:30

Baked apples? Simple and delicious. The first thing I cooked in my HO. Very Happy

I don't peel apples - just personal choice.

Wash, dry and core, then stand upright in a Pyrex dish so the heat can get down the hollowed-out core and help cook the apples faster. Sprinkle a good pinch or two of sugar over each apple. Put on the high grill rack with extender ring in place.

I used small-ish apples, so I gave them 175 degrees for 10 minutes, Turned over, then gave them 10 minutes on the other side. Done. Larger apples will need longer to cook.

Variations:

If you like cinnamon, add a pinch or two towards the end of cooking.

Or:

For each apple you are using, put two teaspoons of raisins or sultanas into a bowl. Add two teaspoons of Calvados per apple and mix. Let the raisins/sultanas soak for fifteen minutes then stuff into the hollowed-out core of each apple before baking.

Or:

Soak blackcurrants (or blackberries) in a little Cassis - the Dijon one (Boudier?) from Tesco is lovely. Stuff into the hollowed-out cores before baking.

I like baked apples cold (and wrinkly) with warm custard but the calvados-soaked raisin/sultanas apples or blackcurrants/berries in cassis apples are best slightly warm (but never hot) with cold cream or a good home-made vanilla ice cream.

tomtom

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  tomtom on 17.01.12 23:00

Should have added that one of these...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...makes things so much easier. I bought mine from a pound shop. Press down through the core, twist and pull the core straight out.

tomtom

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 18.01.12 11:59

thank you tomtom

These sound delicious. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us. I'll add them to the recipe A-Z so that they remain easy to find for all members.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  tomtom on 18.01.12 14:10

Hmmmm....leaving this recipe has bothered me all day. I was hoping to get in and edit it, but I haven't had a chance.

My regular oven is gas and it has a vent system. A halogen oven is essentially closed once the lid is on. Calvados is 40% proof. What chance is there of an alcohol fume build up/ignition?

tomtom

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 19.01.12 18:30

Hi tomtom

I've used brandy in roast beef marinades with no problems and wine with chicken too.

I think the small amounts involved should be safe enough - I'm no expert so if anyone knows better .....

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenclare on 20.01.12 12:59

Thanks for all the replies Smile and yes I did use dessert apples with good results. I used the link from the first reply and would use rather less water for the sauce. But overall very pleased. Thanks
again
Chr
is
[i]

Fenclare

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:45

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top