Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hi everyone ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi everyone ...

Post  tonirees on 16.01.10 14:52

Hi there, my name is Toni (with an 'i' as I am female) and I have just bought a Halogen Oven for the first time. I'm looking for recipe ideas and tips. Do I need to use browning agents when roasting a chicke, for example? I don't like insipid-looking roasts Wink

tonirees

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the forum

Post  wimplebum on 16.01.10 20:54

Hi Toni,

Welcome to the forum. You asked about roasting chicken. If you are happy with the colour of a roast chicken straigh out of the conventional oven then you will not need browning, otherwise you may need it. The Halogen does cook similar to a conventional oven, just a bit quicker and cleaner.

Please remember that you do need to turn the chicken over half way through the cooking time as the halogen oven cooks from the top. The bottom will still be raw if you don't turn it over. I found it best to start cooking with the chicken breast-down as this looks better when its finished.

Hope this helps.

p.s. Sorry its taken a while to get back to you, I've been working on my computer for a few days and just finalising a few settings.

Happy cooking to you

wimplebum

THANK YOU : 34

Back to top Go down

Thank you ...

Post  tonirees on 16.01.10 21:18

Hi John,
Thank you for your response. Well, I went ahead and roasted a large, free-range chicken in my new halogen oven this evening (at 200C) and it came out really great! All I did was season it, add some sliced onion and a little garlic to the bowl and then let the halogen oven do it's thing! I roasted it with the breast-side down to start with and then turned it over an hour later and roasted the other side for half an hour and it was absolutely delicious - tender and succulent with a crispy skin. I felt really pleased as I must admit that I had been rather anxious about the whole thing. I'll definitely be doing some more experimenting now that I know how easy it is Smile
I'm so grateful for this website as it gave me the confidence to 'go for it' this evening.
Toni

tonirees

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Well done

Post  wimplebum on 16.01.10 21:23

Hi Toni,

Well done with the chicken - I am so glad you didn't make the same mistake I did - I didn't realize you had to turn it over ha ha ha.

I am really pleased it turned out well for you. We are all learning here and experimenting with various ideas and recipes.

Chef Eric suggests that when you are unsure to start off with a temperature of 175C for most things. Thats a useful suggestion and it is often a case of trial and error.

Well done though.

All the best

wimplebum

THANK YOU : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi everyone ...

Post  sando on 10.05.10 16:45

hello everyone my name is jean.
Started using my halogen oven a couple of weeks ago with the help of this forum.
I love it the chicken was delicious. roast beef melted in your mouth, still experimenting with some things but the recipes on here are great i would have been lost without it.
thanks everyone

sando

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 10.05.10 17:25

sando wrote:Started using my halogen oven a couple of weeks ago with the help of this forum.
I love it the chicken was delicious. roast beef melted in your mouth, still experimenting with some things but the recipes on here are great i would have been lost without it.
thanks everyone

Thanks for the kind words, Jean. I am so glad that you have found the forum so useful.

free-happy-smileys-9

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 11.05.10 16:24

welcome to the forum sando
I am glad you've joined us

Very Happy

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506