Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Not convinced

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not convinced

Post  jennym on 03.01.12 12:16

I received my halogen oven for Christmas and was really looking forward to trying different things but nothing seems to work properly. Two cookbooks told me to try a piece of toast first, 250 degrees for 3 minutes, Did it brown evenly - yes, did it cook both sides - no, but then no info on what to do now. Is it supposed to brown both sides, is there something wrong with my oven? Cooked an apple pie the other day and same thing - cooked on top but not underneath. Want to try bread and scones but don't want same results. Can anybody help me?

jennym

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Not convinced

Post  junie on 03.01.12 19:43

Welcome jennym

I turn the toast to brown it - the heat source is on the top so it doesn't brown the underside so well although it does crisp up.

Try reading some of the previous posts on baking - it's the one area where members have had the most trouble - the main points seem to be always use the top rack with the extender ring in place and preheat the oven before you start.

Use the search box for 'bread' for example and you'll see the previous posts and recipes on that topic.

Don't give up, the great little oven is worth persevering with Very Happy

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum