Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Alzheimer's caregiver needs recipes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alzheimer's caregiver needs recipes

Post  RichUrm on 02.01.12 2:06

Hi. My name is Rich and I am the sole caregiver for my wife, who has early onset Alzheimer's. I am learning how to cook, and currently make good use of the Foreman Grill to make hamburgers and chicken. I want to incorporate more vegetables into our diet, and so purchased a chuck roast, carrots, an onion, and a bag of potatoes to try in the crock pot. Unfortunately, one of the volunteers that help us clean occasionally put the bottom of the crock pot in one place, the bowl in another, and after searching for three hours, I still cannot find the lid. :^( Crying or Very sad
Plan B is that I have an Infra Chef Halogen cooker that has never been used, so I broke it out. Of course, there is no manual to be found, so I searched the internet with no real success until I found this site. I went ahead made carrot juice and fixed something else for my wife for tonight, but I need to find out how to make a roast (2 lb boneless chuck roast) and vegetables with this cooker for tomorrow's dinner.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Please remember that I am new to cooking and new to this type of cooker, so be detailed, explicit and please be gentle. :^) Cool
Feel free to include other healthful (and easy) recipes or links.
Thanks,

RichUrm

RichUrm

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Alzheimer's caregiver needs recipes

Post  Admin on 02.01.12 11:17

Hi Rich I am glad you have found us at last.

I promise you we are gentle madsmileys with all our members bomb

lol!

Recipes posted by members can be found in the recipe section (A to Z) and Chef Eric recipes.

or

use the search box on the top left of this forum. Just type in a keyword and click GO - for example if you type in beef, you will get all the posts with "beef" in them.

You will find useful info in the halogen oven manuals as well.

The best thing to do Rich is to read the previous posts. You will learn a lot from members mistakes and cooking experiences.

I am sorry to hear about your wife's illness.

welcome-banner.gif

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 02.01.12 14:16

Welcome Rich

Follow Reetas advice and you'll soon be cooking with confidence Very Happy

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  RichUrm on 04.01.12 16:24

My first experience with the Halogen cooker was less than stellar. I took everything out of the box and easily assembled the cooker. Of course, I turned it on to assure that it worked and the light and fan came on, and it was putting out heat, so I was satisfied that it was operational.
I prepared the potatoes, carrots, onion and celery and cut the 2 lb.chuck roast in half, rubbed the meat in oil and applied some seasoning. I was actually surprised that I needed the extender ring (just barely) because the Infra Chef cooker's bowl seems so large to me as it is. Remember that I am an inexperienced cook.
So now for the adventure! I turned the cooker on, and got N O T H I N G! No light, no fan, no nothing except a bowl filled with raw vegetables and a big hunk of raw meat. :^(
Now I was in scramble mode to try to save the food, so I looked for the large crock pot that had been tucked away by a volunteer who had graciously come into our home to help organize. Unfortunately, (and I am still immensely grateful for her kindness) she had stored the crock pot in a different location than the lid, so I spent several hours looking for the lid. I finally found it hidden sideways in a linen closet, so now I was back in business to save the dinner.
I transferred all the contents of the Halogen cooker's bowl into the large crock pot and with a sigh of relief, inserted the plug into the wall socket. NOTHING AGAIN???
Even though there were no lights on the cooker OR the crock pot, one finally went off in my head! Now it dawned on me that when I originally tested the Halogen Cooker, it had thrown the breaker switch. :^( Embarassed
The bad news was that I had to scramble to save the dinner and the good news is that (at least for now) the Halogen cooker wasn't really broken, so I can try again another day! :^) Very Happy
By the way, once the breaker was corrected, 10 hours later the crock pot dinner turned out to be very tasty, after adding some additional spices. cool

RichUrm

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 05.01.12 14:19

Hi Rich, I think after that experience, the only way is up Very Happy

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 14:37

Sponsored content