Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Visicook Crisp & Bake HO

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Visicook Crisp & Bake HO

Post  Fenclare on 29.12.11 19:19

I have been watching this oven being demonstrated on Ideal World and have a couple of questions Smile
1. There appears to be some concerns about the C&B failing after a few months? Has anyone experienced this or (even better) comment on it's good performance.
2. Is there anywhere else I can buy it from? I live in Spain and IW won't deliver here.

I have a 2 year old Tefal actifry, which I purchased through Amazon (who do deliver to Spain) but although it is still working it is taking much longer to cook chips now. If I can get hold of a Visicook Crisp & Bake 'and' get it sent here it may just s
olve my p
roblem!
Cheers
Chris
Smile

Fenclare

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Visicook Crisp & Bake HO

Post  Admin on 31.12.11 15:00

Sorry Chris
It appears that no one has anything to contribute on this issue.

It’s not for sale on Ebay or Amazon yet. If you really want one you’ll have to come back to England to buy it.

Happy New Year party time

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  jwb239 on 04.01.12 9:25

according to the crisp and bake mannual,the food tumbling aid should be positioned opposite the super Turbo Hot air blast outlet, my problem is i have no idea where this is ,help would be appreciated
thank you

jwb239

Back to top Go down

Re: the placement of the tumbling aid...

Post  Taffy on 24.01.12 9:00

Hi there, the placement of the food tumbling aid is simple. If you look at the lid of the Visicook, where the white/gray neoprene seal is fitted around the outside edge of the lid, you can see a small protruding bit, a little like a thumb print. It is in this position that the tumbling aid is positioned. If you have the handle of the lid facing you, the "thumbprint," will be on the left hand side of the lid. It is better seen from the top of the lid, so to locate it close the lid. Obviously for this purpose no NOT plug your oven in to the electric supply. :-)
If the oven is positioned in its operating place, the "thumbprint," will be at the rear of the closed lid. Good luck. These ovens are great, I'm using mine daily now, my gas cooker may just be redundant. Taffy.

Taffy

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  sharentin on 15.02.12 13:31

Hi Taffy, I'm interested in finding out in what the capacity of the Visicook is for cooking chips. I'm comparing it with the Actifry family that cooks 1.5kg at a time.
Thank you, Sharentin Smile

sharentin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taffy on 15.02.12 15:27

Hi Sharentin, I'm sorry but I haven't a clue. All I can tell you is that the oven bowl is a 13 litre bowl, and the chips are about 1.5 inches deep at the bottom. The stirrer keeps them slowly turning over to cook all sides. But the Visicook is so much more versatile than an actifry. You can bake a cake, cooke bacon and eggs etc. etc. I hop this has been of help. Taffy

Taffy

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  caroline_n on 04.03.12 12:44

Taffy wrote:Hi there, the placement of the food tumbling aid is simple. If you look at the lid of the Visicook, where the white/gray neoprene seal is fitted around the outside edge of the lid, you can see a small protruding bit, a little like a thumb print. It is in this position that the tumbling aid is positioned. If you have the handle of the lid facing you, the "thumbprint," will be on the left hand side of the lid. It is better seen from the top of the lid, so to locate it close the lid. Obviously for this purpose no NOT plug your oven in to the electric supply. :-)
If the oven is positioned in its operating place, the "thumbprint," will be at the rear of the closed lid. Good luck. These ovens are great, I'm using mine daily now, my gas cooker may just be redundant. Taffy.
Hi Taffy, I'm trying to help my mum with exactly the same thing... she has located the thumbprint, but still can't see how the food tumbling aid should be attached/fitted... are you able to post a picture?

thanks! c

caroline_n

Back to top Go down

Post  Daranji on 01.05.12 17:36

HELP. When the lid comes down on to the extender ring should there be a gap between the lid and the extender ring?
Hope you can help as I am new to the cooker.

Daranji

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 02.05.12 14:07

I don't have this model but I would reckon not, Daranji.

It's not efficient for the hot air to escape through a gap.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:16

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum