Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Roast Pork

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roast Pork

Post  sdmcc on 02.01.10 20:45

Just had my first Halogen cooker meal and very impressed!

Took a 3 pound boned and rolled Pork leg joint, washed and lightly rubbed over with olive oil, then (a useful tip however you cook pork) rubbed Balsamic Vinegar into the scored fat as it reacts to improve crispness, slight sprinkling of sea salt and then placed on lower trivet and started at 200 C for twenty minutes. Turned down to 180 and set for another 70 minutes. Peeled and cut roasting potatoes, lightly coated in oil and added them around pork with fifty minutes to go.

Prepped Sprouts and Broccoli and as we prefer them al dente, boiled the sprouts with 6/7 mins to go, broccoli less.With more experience will do the whole meal in the cooker.

Absolutely amazed at result----Pork was moist and succulent, the crackling was unbelievably good, crisp and crunchy but not over fatty we almost convinced ourselves that it was a health food. The potatoes were golden brown and dry and fluffy inside and there was a wonderful deposit of juices at the base of the bowl which made a most attractive addition to the dogs' meals---would have been gravy but on the Xmas excess reduction track.

Overall opinion was that we felt we had eaten a healthy roast meal and am already planning my next menu, to the keen approval of my lady friend

Stevemcc

sdmcc

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Roast Pork

Post  Admin on 03.01.10 14:15

Another satisfied customer Very Happy

Thank you for sharing Steve.

So many gentlemen seem to enjoy cooking for their lady friends using the Halogen Oven.

I think it's all very romantic

:heart:

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Pork Crackling

Post  kellybarb44 on 25.02.10 17:48

I must say this sounds just perfect and am going to try it as we are all great fans of pork and crackling, great tip regarding the balsamic vinegar ta.

kellybarb44

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  aerotec on 11.08.11 11:33

Mmm that does sound tasty!

I have a new Halogen Oven still in its box but hoping to try it out tonight with a simple roast chicken.

I then have a piece of pork belly that I am keen to halogen cook as I want it nice and crispy. Can anyone give me a rough idea of timings for this cut so I don't dry it out.

Thanks!

aerotec

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 11.08.11 22:37

Hi Aerotec,

Stevemcc has given the timing for his recipe.

It's easy to keep an eye on the roast through the glass bowl - to stop it drying out during roasting.

You will find more pork recipes in the A to Z of recipes

Good Luck

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  P4T on 15.04.12 15:39

Thanks, just what I was looking for tonight's meal. Will definitely try out your balsamic vineger tip Smile

P4T

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:37

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum