Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

First time on my halogen-- went straight for prime rib!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First time on my halogen-- went straight for prime rib!

Post  kelkberg on 29.11.11 3:55

I bought a 4 or 5 pound rolled prime rib at my local grocer. I had quite a little experience seasoning and preparing prime rib in resaurants years ago, so wanted to give this a try in my HO. Prime rib seemed like so much hassle to cook up in the conventional oven for my little family. I rubbed the outside of the prime rib with garlic powder, onion powder, fresh ground pepper, and a steakhouse seasoning that contained red pepper and various other seasonings which came in a spice grinder. After rubbing the outside of the meat with the spices and such, I packed the entire cut with kosher salt, just like we did in the restaurants. I was able to fit the prime rib in the HO along with 5 or 6 medium, washed red potatoes.

50-60 minutes cooked the rib beautifully to medium rare. I stopped there, cut my wife's portion and cooked it to well like she likes it (I know that isn't prime rib, but that's how she likes it) I was then able to put my cut back in and cook it to a nice medium.

The rest went back in to the refrigerator, will reheat nicely in our HO for another meal within the next day or so. Prime Rib at home... something I WOULD NOT have done without my HO. Pricey, yes, but so good, and a lot less pricey than going out for it!

kelkberg

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: First time on my halogen-- went straight for prime rib!

Post  roleck on 29.11.11 14:29

Sounds yummy. question: did you flip the roast during the 50-60 minute cooking time? Some recipes suggest it but you didn't mention it here.

roleck

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  kelkberg on 30.11.11 2:47

Indeed, I did flip it half way through and rotated the potatoes too, though the latter may not have been necessary. 70 minutes or so may be better for standard medium. Your mileage may vary as they say. The flip is definately worth mention. Sorry for the oversight.

kelkberg

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 19:16

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum