Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

frozen food and defrosting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

frozen food and defrosting

Post  bamfee on 18.11.11 20:55

hi everyone i just got my ho this afternoon and already used the forum tips to hard boil some eggs.majorly my problem is with frozen food, the oven i have says to thaw the food first; then to cook it . i use quite a few frozen vegtables and meat also chips;could you please help with the times and how to cook after thawing thank you /bamfee

bamfee

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: frozen food and defrosting

Post  junie on 19.11.11 13:55

Welcome bamfee

You don't need to thaw frozen veg or chips first. The best way to do your frozen veg is to wrap it in a foil parcel with a little water for steaming. Place the parcel on one of the racks. The top one is best but if using the bottom one allow longer to cook. The time will depend on the quantity and type of veg.
Your frozen chips will cook on a tray on the top rack - reduce the temperature 10-20C from what it says on the packet and turn them to brown evenly. Always use the extender ring for best results.
Most meat will need to be defrosted - times will depend on type of meat and the thickness and weight of it.
The A-Z recipe section should provede you with some ideas to get you started. Very Happy

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulie on 29.11.11 17:28

Hi, Pauline here, hope someone can help, we have 3lb chicken, do I need to defrost it before cooking and if so, how long for. If not, how do I cook it in the HO please and how long for? Any help will be appreciated. thank you

Paulie

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 29.11.11 17:54

Hi Pauline

I don't use my HO for defrosting chicken as I feel the warmth generated isn't healthy. It's always best to defrost overnight in a fridge.

Here is a link to a chicken recipe I posted in the A-Z section -
http://halogenovenrecipes.forumotion.com/t578-chicken-lemon-herb-roast-chicken?highlight=lemon+chicken

If you type roast chicken into the search box you can see all previous posts on the subject.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:24

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum