Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

haunch of venison

View previous topic View next topic Go down

haunch of venison

Post  jlamb on 07.11.11 16:10

Can anyone help me figure how to do this in the halogen oven, thanks in anticipation J

Back to top Go down

Re: haunch of venison

Post  junie on 08.11.11 17:19

Hi jlamb

I haven't tried this but having recently eaten my first venison steak and burgers on holiday, I was interested to find out.
I'm presuming you are looking at doing a 2-2.5 kilo haunch on the bone as the larger ones might have trouble fitting in the HO.
The best advice I can find involved browning the meat first but I think we could miss out that step in the HO.
Put the bottom rack on top of a shallow baking tin or line the HO with foil.
Preheating the oven for 5 minutes to 220C
I would try brushing with oil or melted butter and seasoning with salt and pepper.
Place the haunch on the rack and use the extender ring.
Cook for 20 minutes at 220C to seal the meat.
Lower the heat to 150C and cook for 10-15 minutes per 500g until cooked to your taste. Turn once during the cooking time about two thirds of the way through cooking.
Don't overcook - it's best a wee bit rare.
If the outside is cooking too fast you may need to use some foil to stop it burning.
Remove from the oven and wrap loosely in foil - allow to rest for 20-30 minutes before carving.
The timings may vary a bit from oven to oven so keep a close eye on it the first time to see what works for you.

I would be interested to know how you get on if you do decide to try this in your HO. please

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum