Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Fried eggs on toast

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fried eggs on toast

Post  katie on 18.10.11 23:28

Hi everyone i am new to the site and might sound silly but when i followed the instructions to cook toast and eggs it was a disaster. Any ideas as the toast didnt brown and the eggs stuck to the pan even when i used oil and went hard round the edges.
Please help

katie

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Fried eggs on toast

Post  junie on 19.10.11 1:30

Hi, what did you actually try to do ???

When I make toast, I have the heat at the highest setting - your toast needed longer - the manufacturers instructions on the whole aren't good.
I haven't tried to fry an egg in mine but did you get the oil hot before adding the egg?

Last edited by junie on 19.10.11 10:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added to reply)

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  katie on 19.10.11 16:33

it told me to cook the toaston 200c on high tray standing upright on toast rack for 3 mins and the eggs on 220c high tray for 3 mins in pan

katie

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 19.10.11 20:07

Hi Katie

I don't have a toast rack - I just lie the bread flat on the top rack and cook at 250C and wait till it goes brown - different breads vary. No need to turn it over unless you want the bottom browned because it's lovely and crispy. No bread I have tried has ever browned in under 5 minutes.
As for the egg, the closest you can get to frying is to heat the oil up for a couple of minutes first, I would suggest turning the heat down a bit once you've added the egg - you wouldn't put an egg into a cold frying pan so the same principle applies. You'd never get a similar texture in a cold pan with the heat coming from the top.
The good thing about the HO is that you can see what's happening inside.
Hope this helps - we've all had a bit of trial and error in these great little ovens but they are worth it Very Happy

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Evenstar on 21.01.12 19:42

I have found the same problem with Fried Eggs in my HO. It seems the yolk goes hard but the white is still raw.

I'd love a solution to this. At the moment we have full english on the boat but eggs have to be done in a microwave poacher. Sad

Evenstar

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:09

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum