Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Affiliates
Free Recipes

Fried eggs on toast

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fried eggs on toast

Post  katie on 18.10.11 23:28

Hi everyone i am new to the site and might sound silly but when i followed the instructions to cook toast and eggs it was a disaster. Any ideas as the toast didnt brown and the eggs stuck to the pan even when i used oil and went hard round the edges.
Please help

katie

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Fried eggs on toast

Post  junie on 19.10.11 1:30

Hi, what did you actually try to do ???

When I make toast, I have the heat at the highest setting - your toast needed longer - the manufacturers instructions on the whole aren't good.
I haven't tried to fry an egg in mine but did you get the oil hot before adding the egg?

Last edited by junie on 19.10.11 10:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added to reply)
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  katie on 19.10.11 16:33

it told me to cook the toaston 200c on high tray standing upright on toast rack for 3 mins and the eggs on 220c high tray for 3 mins in pan

katie

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 19.10.11 20:07

Hi Katie

I don't have a toast rack - I just lie the bread flat on the top rack and cook at 250C and wait till it goes brown - different breads vary. No need to turn it over unless you want the bottom browned because it's lovely and crispy. No bread I have tried has ever browned in under 5 minutes.
As for the egg, the closest you can get to frying is to heat the oil up for a couple of minutes first, I would suggest turning the heat down a bit once you've added the egg - you wouldn't put an egg into a cold frying pan so the same principle applies. You'd never get a similar texture in a cold pan with the heat coming from the top.
The good thing about the HO is that you can see what's happening inside.
Hope this helps - we've all had a bit of trial and error in these great little ovens but they are worth it Very Happy
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Evenstar on 21.01.12 19:42

I have found the same problem with Fried Eggs in my HO. It seems the yolk goes hard but the white is still raw.

I'd love a solution to this. At the moment we have full english on the boat but eggs have to be done in a microwave poacher. Sad

Evenstar

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum