Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

The first time

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The first time

Post  janpanda on 09.10.11 13:36

Hi
I live in Spain & came back from a visit to England with a JML halogen Oven. seemed simple enough so made a victoria Sandwich put it in two tins one on each level having first warmed the oven as instructed. after 5 minutes the top one was dark brown on top but molten in the middle so turned the temp down from 180 to 165 then after a few more minutes changed top cake with bottom cake which was barely warm. after 15 minutes I ended up with 2 dark brown almost burned thin cakes still barely cooked on the bottoms.. Argg!! I was not impressed. (The recipies in the pamphlet are few)
I thought there were not supposed to be hot spots. Any tips gratefully recieved before I plant geraniums in the bowl as a more useful idea.

janpanda

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: The first time

Post  junie on 09.10.11 16:03

janpanda

Cake making is the one area where people have had most problems - if you type 'cake' into the search box you can see all previous posts on the subject.

To use the top rack for baking, the extender ring is necessary as the heat is too close to the top of your cake without it. The consensus seems to be reducing the heat and cooking for longer - most comments on sandwich cakes seem to advocate cooking one at a time for best results.

The HO is a great little fan oven and does many things extremely well. Many have used trial and error to get their baking right, and ovens do seem to vary, but they have thought it worthwhile when they do get it right.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  janpanda on 09.10.11 18:20

Thankyou June, I have ordered an extender ring from JML & will try other recipies till it arrives.

janpanda

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 09.10.11 19:07

you\'re welcome

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 14:55

Sponsored content