Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Not Sure About Buying One

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not Sure About Buying One

Post  JaneGael on 02.10.11 2:31

I just discovered the halogen oven today and have spent a good bit of time researching them. It seems that the quality reviews are all over the place from great to avoid like the plague. I'm also having a hard time finding recipes. Usually the lack of recipes is a good indicator that the product is not ready for prime time, but I found that it's been in use in Europe for some time. Hmmm.

So here I am trying to decide if I want to buy a halogen oven. I want to cook simple meals of chicken or beef and vegetables, not gourmet dishes with fancy ingredients. I want an easier way to cook healthier, but I don't yet know if this is it. Smile

JaneGael

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Sure About Buying One

Post  Fiona on 02.10.11 10:11

Hi I was debating on a halogen oven for months then parents got one a couple of months ago and they have found it great so I jumped in and got one.

My main reason for buying is that there is only me and after losing weight the last thing I want to do is fill my oven with bread and cakes while cooking other things to utilise a conventional oven to it's full potential.

Used it only a little so far (only had it a week or so and learning). Today I've popped a slow roasting shoulder of pork in. Already been cooking it for and hour when I read on here about wrapping it up first. Rolling Eyes
It is a 1.5 kilo joint so following the distructions in a halogen oven book I'm cooking on 170C for 1hr 20 mins.
I've stood some little halved onions in boiling water for and hour (plus 5 mins in the microwave) to cook them and when I take the crackling off to crisp up I'll put them in the oven to brown and sweeten up along with the mushrooms.

Fiona

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 02.10.11 16:12

Welcome JaneGael and Fiona

You'll find loads of varied recipes in our recipe A-Z and lots of info in the previous posts. I couldn't live without my little oven now.

If you need help, you know where we are.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:37

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum