Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

just joined

View previous topic View next topic Go down

just joined

Post  chelseaken on 30.12.09 21:13

hi there everyone, i got my first oven today 30/12/2009. i,m a 61 year old chap and i face my next few weeks cooking experience with some trepidation,it can,t be as easy as everyone on this site says it is can it?, i need some reassurence please Sad Sad

chelseaken

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Forum

Post  wimplebum on 30.12.09 21:21

Hi there Chelseaken,

It sure is easy. If you are OK with experimenting, then you are in for some fun. The Halogen Oven (or HO) is very easy to use - and keep clean too. One of the tips is that when you are doing something greasy, line the bottom with foil - makes cleaning very easy. I did this recently and it came really clean.

Most of the recipes on our forum are tried and tested by the members who put them up. Don't forget though that if you cook a joint or chicken, you need to turn it over half way through or it will be cooked on top and raw underneath (thats a mistake I made).

As you are probably already aware, there are very few recipes and books available, which is why Reeta created this forum and we are all learning as we go through.

You'll be fine though, just remember the temperature is a little lower than you would use in the oven, and for smaller things (smaller in size and density) generally it is quicker too.

If you get stuck or need help or advice, don't hesitate to ask. Someone is bound to either have had the problem themselves or found out about it, and if not, then both Reeta and I are here to help if we can.

The best thing is to have fun and enjoy

Welcome again

wimplebum

THANK YOU : 34

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum