Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Halogen bulb/Cleaning metal guard

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halogen bulb/Cleaning metal guard

Post  BerylSmith on 15.09.11 16:41

2 queries - how long does the halogen bulb last and how can you clean the metal guard that covers the bulb. My oven has only been used a few times and the metal cover is covered in marks even though I give it a wipe after every use

BerylSmith

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Halogen bulb/Cleaning metal guard

Post  Admin on 17.09.11 15:03

Hi Beryl,

we use our halogen oven everyday. The first one , the bulb lasted 18 /19 months. The second one 11 months.

I also wipe it clean after each use but over time it does get marks /stains.

It is not advisable to use abrasive scouring pads or any type of harsh cleaners to clean the metal guard.

coucoufleurbleue

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddywack41 on 30.11.11 19:48

Forgive me if I kind of hi-jack this thread somewhat, i know there is a similar thread somewhere but I cant find it.

I bought a crisp and bak halogen oven from Ideal World in August (One of the ones with the turntable) and have used it consistently since then.
a week ago however it made a strange noise and then the bulb went so it has been sent of to Ideal World to get replaced.

I am quite happy to do this (except for the fact that i lose my oven for 4 weeks at a time) every time the bulb goes but it is a hassle. If my replacement does this then i may consider another model. I know from the other thread (which i cant find anymore) that it is quite difficut to find/fit replacement bulb and i noticed someone said take out an extended 3 year warranty. The question is however has anyone ever done this and successfully gotten the supplier to honour the warranty on the bulb as every warranty i have seen specifically excludes "items which wear out" and call be cynical but i suspect if i went to use the warranty they would use this as an excuse to avoid replacing/repairing.

Paddywack41

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 01.12.11 16:29

Paddywack41 wrote:. . .I noticed someone said take out an extended 3 year warranty. The question is however has anyone ever done this and successfully gotten the supplier to honour the warranty on the bulb as every warranty i have seen specifically excludes "items which wear out" and call be cynical but i suspect if i went to use the warranty they would use this as an excuse to avoid replacing/repairing.

Hi ,
the answer is yes. I bought my oven from JML with the 3 years extended warranty. When the bulb went, they asked me to return the oven not just the lid. Within 3 weeks I received a brand new oven. Postage to return paid by JML.
JML has excellent customer service(speaking from my own experience)

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 14:37

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum