Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Newbie Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newbie Questions

Post  Paddywack41 on 31.08.11 13:43

A couple of days ago I purchased from Ideal World a Visicook Crisp and Bake oven. It didnt appear to have a model numbe but it is one that has a tumbler built in for turning chips etc (Bit like an acti-fry).

As seems to be the case with most of these ovens it came with zero instructions or guidance. To test it out I have cooked a few chips, burgers and drumsticks using a temp of around 200 and usually for around 10-20. Things have worked out fine so far but I obviously want to experiment a bit more as the days go on and I will use various recipies etc on here to do it.

My question is howover. With the oven I only recieved the "tumbler" and a single rack (which fits on to the central turntable and turns while cooking). On the forums I have notice a lot of people talking about low rack, high racks etc....just what should they be used for. I obviously have no choice but to use the single rack i have. I cant place anyting much on the bowl itself due to the turntable. I could maybe pick up some kind of small baking type tray which would be small enough to fit in the bowl above the turntable but am not sure if they are necessary.

Paddywack41

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Questions

Post  junie on 31.08.11 17:08

Hi

It very much depends what type of items that you want to cook to decide on accessories. You'll be able to adjust the proximity of the heat source to the food if you have an extender ring and your turntable should ensure even cooking.
The majority of our recipes let you know lower/higher racks and the dishes or tins used. You can of course use anything that is safe for use in your standard oven. You can even custom make trays from foil.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  EmmaJ on 01.09.11 15:44

My HO didn't come with a tumbler. Does anyone have a pictures or know of a place where I can buy one? It sounds very handy! Very Happy cool

EmmaJ

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 01.09.11 16:05

Hi EmmaJ

As far as I know the tumbler is specific to the Visicook HO.

The the turntable unit comes up through the glass bowl and I don't think it is removable. I think you are limited to using the one rack that you get with it too. This would also reduce amount of things you can cook at the same time.

We'll need to stick with good old-fashioned turning the food for the moment. Smile

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddywack41 on 30.11.11 20:04

Yes your are right Emma. The visicook tumbler comes through the bottom of the bowl. It can be removed, however you only get one rack which fits on the the truntable and allows this to rotate. Whilst it is an excellent idea and is superb for chips is does limit the amount of seperate items you can use. I will have to experiment with a bit of DIY and see if i can create a temporary second rack.

Paddywack41

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:53

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum