Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY...THAT IS THE DILEMMA!

Go down

TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY...THAT IS THE DILEMMA!

Post  JESSIEB1998 on 25.08.11 17:29

Hi,Just found your forum while doing a bit of research into these ovens,my sis in law has one and she swears by it,but I'm a little sceptic..are they all people profess them to be?low on electricity usage,quicker cooking than normal ovens etc,and can you REALLY bake in them.I'm really seeking a little expert knowledge before I invest in one,Also is there a preferred size to buy?Would welcome any advice,thanks,Jessieb

JESSIEB1998

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY...THAT IS THE DILEMMA!

Post  Reeta on 26.08.11 13:19

Hi Jessie,

the 12 litre size plus an extension ring is the best.

The HO cannot replace your big oven, especially if you use it (big oven) to cook for more than 2 people everyday.

Having said that, I wouldn't be without one. I share my cooking between the HO and the big oven. There are 5 people in my family.

Some people need to experiment a few times to get the temperature / cooking time etc to suit their HO.

Can you borrow your sister in law's HO for a day/few hours to try for yourself ?

Please read the previous posts when you have the time. You will find more info there.

Good Luck

Reeta
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 28.08.11 1:00

I withered and dithered before buying mine, I have 2 now, I love them both but for me the Gino one is by far the better even tho it was the cheapest. I'm not so sure about them saving a whole lot of cooking time to be honest, some things yes for sure and some things take much the same time as a regular fan assisted oven. I wouldn't want to be without mine now, I use it daily, always for my bread now too, even tho I have a bread maker I prefer to make it manually and cook in the HO.

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 28.08.11 15:48

Welcome Jessieb

I share my cooking between my 'big' oven and my HO like Reeta. I wouldn't be without it. I have a small 7 litre model which I bought to go between the house and the caravan. I later bought the larger one as I found the smaller one a little awkward to be honest (though it still cooked beautifully). The large one is in use nearly every day now - much more room to move food around.
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  JESSIEB1998 on 29.08.11 18:55

thanks guys,appreciate your advice,think I will take the plunge!

JESSIEB1998

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum