Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hi from Hampshire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi from Hampshire

Post  Daffadyl on 29.12.09 18:00

Bought my son (a 3rd year student at uni) a halogen oven for Xmas as he loves experimenting - from fish steamed in parcels to thai curries and stodgy puddings - hopefully, he will also benefit from lower electricity bills.

Whilst it's still here though I'm also trying it out with a view to making my own purchase. First thing we tried were the bacon wrapped sausages on xmas day - results were near perfect despite having to guess times and temperatures and rack postion.

Think those three - time, temp and rack positions are the stumbling blocks that you flounder with to begin with, along with maybe to wrap in foil or not? You try to match what you want to do with the pitiful instruction book but it isn't always obvious - A pastry strudel didn't look quite so appetising although the guide we looked at did imply it could be placed on the top rack ... not so.

Hopefully, we'll move on from grilled sausages, bacon and melted cheese with your guidance. Does thinking 10% less heat and 10% less cooking time help you adapt?

Daffadyl

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the forum

Post  wimplebum on 29.12.09 18:56

Hi Daffadyl,

Welcome to the forum. There are quite a few recipes in the forum that our members have put up, and we do have our very own Chef Eric, who is also trying different recipes and putting them on the forum.

Regarding the question about 10% less heat and 10% less time, it really depends what you are cooking. If its small/thin/less dense ingredients, then 10% less time might work. It does for chops etc which usually cook in about 10 minutes. If you cook a joint you will need to remember to turn it over half way through.

It seems to be about right, your comment of 10% less heat. That does seem to work especially for larger things. It is quite a case of expermentation and seeing how it comes out. My first chicken was cooked on top and raw on the bottom because I didn't realise I should turn it over!!! Did this and gave it an extra 20 minutes and it was perfect.

One of the good features I find personally is that the Halogen Oven is so easy to keep clean - not like the main oven.

There are some brilliant recipes on the site - well worth trying.

Enjoy the oven, and as I say, some of the recipes here are great.

Enjoy and have fun

John (moderator)

wimplebum

THANK YOU : 34

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum