Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Sausage and chips

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sausage and chips

Post  angiem on 12.08.11 20:23

Hi, perhaps someone could give me a bit of help. I've had my oven for a week and have been really struggling with it. Today I tried to cook sausage and chips. I cooked the chips as per one of the posts on the forum and they were looking really good. I then put them to the bottom of the oven and put the sausages in at 220c, high rack with the extender ring for 20 mins. When the sausages were done I took the chips out of the oven and not only had they gone soft but were barely luke warm.
I was wondering whether with the extension ring the chips were too far away from the heat source, but if this is the case how would a chicken cook through on the bottom rack with the extender ring in place? I am becoming more bemused by halogen cooking the more I try things. Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

angiem

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Sausage and chips

Post  Admin on 12.08.11 22:36

Hi Angie,

it appears that you will need to experiment a few times to get it right.

It's easier if you are cooking just for one - use one tray to cook both the sausages and chips. Just use a small foil dish for the sausages to prevent the fat mixing with the chips. Cook everthing on top rack with extender ring on top.

If cooking for more than one person -
Try your way next time without the extender ring.

You can also do the sausages first, move them to the bottom, then cook the chips on top.

Good Luck

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  angiem on 24.08.11 7:12

Thanks Reeta, I tried the sausages first as suggested but they went cold at the bottom of the oven. Tried several other things without success and it was then then I realised that it was only grilling in the centre and although the fan was going round it wasn't moving hardly any air about in the bowl. Tried a handful of dry couscous in the base of the bowl with not a sign of movement. Then tried the wash function and put some peppercorns in the water to watch progress and there was only a very gentle breeze on the surface of the water with the peppercorns very slowly moving around the edge of the bowl - 16 seconds to go all the way round!.
SO I sent the oven back and bought one in Argos as it is the only local supplier thinking that it would be easier to take back. What a difference! It cooks wonderfully, even browning, with a good air distribution around the bowl. I happily watched couscous on the base of the bowl spin around as my first test to see if it was working. After such a bad start I'm well on my way and thoroughly enjoying using the oven and have cooked lots of things. Very impressed with the oven and pleased I persevered Laughing

angiem

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 24.08.11 10:39

Hi Angiem

I'm glad you persevered too. It can be hard enough to adapt to a new way of cooking without battling a faulty oven in the process !!!

Thanks for letting us know.

Chef

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:54

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum