Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

How to share pictures, pdf and other files?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  ceesboog on 22.12.09 21:41

(luckily I had saved it to my hd, excluded now the "info" on pics...)

It's not possible to attach/upload documents directly to this board!!

There are other possibilities: hosting images/videos on imageshack or other services
(url will follow)or the built in
host button (first second last row top) (see post agent x)

and pdf's and other files on
rapidshare

Just upload the attachment/video/pdf there and apply url to this board. Very Happy

Videos can be easily added by uploading them to your Youtube channel and then use the last button from the second row at the top-filmstrip. Add url to that
Code:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/HrVWyj-XcbQ[/youtube]

when url when saved and in edit again you see something like this:

Code:
[[flash(425,350)]http://www.youtube.com/v/HrVWyj-XcbQ[/flash]

This should add a youtube video, with mr. T himself 6 minutes..

numbers depict width and height you can change that.this
is 500,450 instead of 425,350...

more to come

ceesboog

ceesboog

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Posting pdf files and documents

Post  wimplebum on 22.12.09 22:05

Hi there,

Reeta, our administrator, is aware of the problem of not being able to post directly to the forum. I am working closely with Reeta and we are looking at possibly using part of my own web site to host files. I have a couple of options that are pretty straight forward, that is for folks such as your good self to email the documents to me and I can create a link to the file on my site, or to actually incorporate it into my site.

I have a page called "Contributions" which is primarily for Halogen Oven contacts, but can very easily modify this to either display the documents or actually incorporate a list of links for the recipe files, with descriptions and contributor.

Currently I am looking for suggestions as to what would be easiest for our members. If you take a look at http://www.johnwindebank.co.uk/contribute.html and let me know what you think - I am currently desigining the site myself and tweaking it to do exactly what I want.

Any suggestions/comments would be most appreciative.

All the best

John (moderator)

wimplebum

THANK YOU : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: How to share pictures, pdf and other files?

Post  ceesboog on 23.12.09 10:17

wimplebum wrote:Hi there,

Reeta, our administrator, is aware of the problem of not being able to post directly to the forum. I am working closely with Reeta and we are looking at possibly using part of my own web site to host files. I have a couple of options that are pretty straight forward, that is for folks such as your good self to email the documents to me and I can create a link to the file on my site, or to actually incorporate it into my site.

I have a page called "Contributions" which is primarily for Halogen Oven contacts, but can very easily modify this to either display the documents or actually incorporate a list of links for the recipe files, with descriptions and contributor.

Currently I am looking for suggestions as to what would be easiest for our members. If you take a look at http://www.johnwindebank.co.uk/contribute.html and let me know what you think - I am currently desigining the site myself and tweaking it to do exactly what I want.

Any suggestions/comments would be most appreciative.

All the best

John (moderator)

Another possibility I was talking about with reeta was a subforum on one of my sites or even just a FTP entrance for Reeta to one of my sites
(I have many GB's free) so people can email her the documents
she can put them on the site with a link to their location. I'm hosting my own sites since 1996.

ceesboog

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: How to share pictures, pdf and other files?

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:32

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum