Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Rump Steak

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rump Steak

Post  Evenstar on 29.06.11 19:38

Hi,

I'm goint to attempt cooking a Rump Steak meal for 3 this weekend.

Steak, Chips, Mushrooms, Tomatoes and peas.

The 3 of us all like our steak cooked differently, 1 rare, 1 medium and 1 well done so i'd appreciate any tips anyone can give.

My HO is on my boat so I only get to use it every few weeks but so far have had some pretty good results.

I'll let you know how I get on feedme

Evenstar

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Rump Steak

Post  Admin on 30.06.11 11:15

Hi Evenstar,

please read these posts for steak recipes http://halogenovenrecipes.forumotion.com/t272-beef-fillet-steak?highlight=steak

Evenstar wrote:The 3 of us all like our steak cooked differently, 1 rare, 1 medium and 1 well done so i'd appreciate any tips anyone can give.
I guess the best way to do this is to remove the rare steak from the HO first, leave the medium steak to cook a bit longer and the well done to come out of the HO last. Laughing

The great thing about the halogen oven is that you can see how your food is cooking. That will be helpful for your steaks.

Have a nice time on your boat Evenstar

welcome

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Evenstar on 22.08.11 22:17

Sorry its been so long before I posted the verdict. Embarassed

The Rump Steaks came out perfectly and everyone on out Marina was coming round to have a nosey and asking where the delicious meals came from.

I can't remember the exact timings as I have written them down and left them on my notepad on the boat. I'll post them when I remember to bring them home.

Jiggling the Chips, Tomatoes & peas was a bit tricky and involved using the racks on different levels at the same time to ensure it all came out hot at the same time.

Incidentally, I didn't remove the rare steak first, I added it last. Laughing

I have since done Gammon Steaks with all the trimmings in the same way and had equally good results.

The only thing i'm having problems with is Eggs which seem to cook the yolk before the white. Sad I've remidied this for now by buying a microwave egg poacher and doing them at the last minute.

All in all the Halogen is the best thing i've ever bought for the boat, everyone loves the food that comes out of it, including full English Breakfasts in the morning and I can't wait to get back to the boat to use it again. Eating

Evenstar

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 23.08.11 14:54

Evenstar wrote:Incidentally, I didn't remove the rare steak first, I added it last. Laughing
that makes more sense Idea

Glad to hear from you again Evenstar.

Thank you for sharing your HO experiences with us

free-happy-smileys-9

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:57

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down