Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Thanks and Hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thanks and Hello

Post  sewitall on 11.06.11 18:17

Firstly it's thanks from myself, Angela, for all the tips I have been reading on this forum on how to get the best out of an HO. Usually I do my research on any electrical items but I was in Robert Dyas last week and saw their own-brand Nuo HO and bought it, fingers crossed that it wouldn't be a lemon purchase. They also had the Hamlyn book of HO recipes for £2.49 (a bargain) so purchased that at the same time. Thank goodness because there were a grand total of 3 recipes in the manual. First thing I did was to go on-line and search for forums on HOs as you always get the best and most realistic advice from the people who use them. I also own a Remoska and between the two I am hoping to have the best of both worlds and thus slowly phase out my very expensive-running 3 KW fan oven. Already I have made scones from a recipe I found on this forum and cooked chips and fairy cakes. The scones came out a little like hand grenades so i need to improve on them a bit. The low-fat frozen oven chips were good cooked on the rack inverted to its high position and at 250 degrees. There is only one rack with the Nuo which can be inverted from low to high position. The fairy cakes came out well positioned on the rack in the high position but with extender ring in place, oven pre-heated for 5 mins. and 190 degrees turning down to 170 once the cakes had risen sufficiently. I used silicon cases but they do tend to warp a bit and the cake mixture seems to rise up in odd places but as long as they taste good then who cares what they look like. They do taste lovely. I used 3 oz each of butter, flour, sugar and 2 eggs.

Tests on this Nuo so far seem to indicate that there is no time saving in cooking time over a fan-assisted oven but it is great being able to see fairy cakes rise up and turn golden before your eyes. Plus my fan oven has a cool down cycle which is such a waste of electricity. I think I may stick to using my Remoska for making rolls and scones as it does them so well.
Anyway hello from me to everyone on the forum and I hope to share my experiences as I get to grips with my new gadget.
Angela

sewitall

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks and Hello

Post  junie on 12.06.11 15:52

Welcome Angela

I think the more you use your HO, the more you'll like it. Good start though and cheaper than running a 'big' oven Very Happy

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 12.06.11 16:21

Hello Angela,

that's the best way to start - "reading the previous posts".

Glad to see you on board Very Happy

welcome

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:13

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: