Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Help! Where did I go wrong

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help! Where did I go wrong

Post  mollyb on 05.06.11 21:09

I have just tried to bake a lemon and orange drizzle cake, what a disaster!!! Sad I followed the recipe in the Andrew James cookbook to the letter, the cake looked cooked on the outside ( a little too done actually ) but as I tried to turn it out onto a wire rack to drizzle the liquid on the top the whole thing collapsed and all the UNCOOKED middle spread across the worktop! Shocked I must admit I couldn't stop laughing because I was supposed to be impressing my daughter and her partner with my skills at becoming a Halogenius. Laughing Where did I go wrong? This is the first time I'd tried baking in the HO.Any advice would be appreciated. Oh by the way I used a 3 1/2 inch deep tin.

mollyb

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Help! Where did I go wrong

Post  Admin on 06.06.11 18:52

Hi Molly,

First cake disaster Embarassed it has happened to most of us when baking in the halogen oven.

Tips:
Reduce the temperature, cook for longer.
Place on high rack with the extender ring on top. If top of cake is getting brown too quick, then cover the cake with a foil.
Some people don't do this for the HO but I always preheat the oven before baking.

Eventually we each find our own style of cooking with the HO. You need to experiment and keep notes of what you have done for reference.

Please read the previous posts (Q and A, tips and advice sections)where members have posted their baking/cakes experiences already.

Good luck with your next cake Molly

Good Luck

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  mollyb on 06.06.11 21:32

Thankyou Reeta, I will surely try that, I'm sure I will get used to it and maybe one day give Mr. Kipling a run for his money. Laughing I have actually tried your recipe for Liver,onions and bacon tonight and it was perfect, just like I used to make in the conventional oven. thank you

Esme

mollyb

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  marji on 28.06.11 7:27

Thank you for putting on this topic as this is exactly what happened to me this afternoon. Only just joined today so will have to find my way around and find some tips.

marji

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 28.06.11 15:19

mollyb wrote:Thankyou Reeta, I will surely try that, I'm sure I will get used to it and maybe one day give Mr. Kipling a run for his money. Laughing I have actually tried your recipe for Liver,onions and bacon tonight and it was perfect, just like I used to make in the conventional oven. thank you

Esme

You're welcome Esme.

Liver, Bacon and Onion recipe courtesy of Richard C, posted on Wed 29 Dec 2010 at 18:45

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 28.06.11 15:25

marji wrote:Thank you for putting on this topic as this is exactly what happened to me this afternoon. Only just joined today so will have to find my way around and find some tips.

Best thing to do Marji is to spend some time reading the previous posts.

You will learn so much from members Tips and Advice and the Questions and Answers sections.

study

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:08

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum