Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Turning oven off

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Turning oven off

Post  netresources on 10.05.11 16:47

I am new to the halagon oven. If I want to check on an item in the oven wen its is cooking do I just turn the timer to off. As the timer seems hard to move.
Thanks, JuDea

netresources

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Turning oven off

Post  junie on 10.05.11 17:03

Hi JuDea

No, never turn the timer towards the 0 - simply lift the handle to stop the oven. You need to let the timer get back by itself. As long as the handle is raised the oven won't come back on.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  LPK on 12.05.11 23:16

Hi JuDea, Just to expand on what Junie said about never turning the timer backwards--don't know why, but it's true. However, the timer is totally manual (at least it is on my JML oven) and even when you unplug your oven, the timer will continue to count down, so it shouldn't be a problem. When I'm finished cooking, I usually just turn the temperature to 0 or unplug the oven and let the timer time out.

LPK

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 13.05.11 12:32

Hi - here is an explanation I found -

"Even in this 21st Century, some appliances like microwave and convection ovens still come with mechanical timers. These are the kind that you have to turn a knob, and that tick like old clocks.

A common problem with those timers is that, when you want to set a short time interval, they don't move at all. Mechanical timers derive their energy from a spring that is wound up as you set the time with their knob. The larger your time interval, the more energy they have to start working. Friction and dirt sometimes prevent them from starting if the time interval is very short."

I hope this helps to explain the workings of the timer a little

study

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnB on 22.05.11 12:02

I'd like to see a HO with a digital timer, must be possible. Then we'd have more control over cooking time.

JohnB

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 22.05.11 13:31

JohnB wrote:I'd like to see a HO with a digital timer, must be possible. Then we'd have more control over cooking time.
Check out this one John. It has digital control panel, fan speed control, integrated oven top with arm extension device and detachable power cord cool

<iframe src="http://rcm-uk.amazon.co.uk/e/cm?t=websitforregi-21&o=2&p=8&l=as1&asins=B002TOKRXU&ref=tf_til&fc1=D10000&IS2=1<1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=000000&bc1=FFFFFF&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryMer on 22.05.11 13:48

I owned a digital halogen oven years ago...It was good, had three air settings and different buttons for preheat, warm, etc. Is the one in the photograph programmable? One of the brands sold here in Spain is, as far as I know.
Anyway, once one is used to a halogen oven...the results are not much better with a digital one. I doubt it's worth paying the extra money.
This is the one that is programmable.This means you can set it to start cooking after, say, six hours, to find your meal ready when you get home from work from instance.

http://tienda.mirobotdecocina.com/Flavor-Plus

MaryMer

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:30

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum