Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hi from oud vossemeer, netherlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi from oud vossemeer, netherlands

Post  ceesboog on 18.12.09 14:25

Bought yesterdag a halogen oven (american orginals) infra chef for just 35 euro.
Made in China and with dutch and french manuels. It's a 11 ltr one with high and low rack and 1 fork (to get hot sausages out).

Seen almost 10 years shoppingchannels ads with Jetstream oven from american harvest (now nesco), even have a vhs tape with their commercials, which I've got from german supplier. American version had 110V and cost $190 and $190 airmail so too expensive but the idea stuck in my mind.

Being a 54 old single man with now 18 websites/forums, one of it on my hometown oudvossemeer.com, and f.i. unitedworldforum.net I like to cook, even just for myself but the idea of a device in which I can cook several items together and healthier appealed to me.

Last months a dutch shoppingtvchannel praised the flavorwave mr. T halogen oven but at 150 euro, I still hesitated, but now I see variations of 80 euro and now even 35 euro, I couldn't resist. Very Happy

And to my surprise I found this article:

halogen ovens grilled

in which the flavor waves seem not so good as the cheaper ones. Twisted Evil

Over time I collected a number of pdf's with info & recipes for halogen/infrared
ovens of different makes. I will see if they are already here and then upload them.
Perhaps together we can ocr or lift the recipes from them and add c/F temps and
Us-uk/metric sizes?

I already baked some and will contribute "Dutch" recipes if possible.

ceesboog

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from oud vossemeer, netherlands

Post  Admin on 18.12.09 20:47

Welcome to the forum ceesboog.

Thank you for your contribution.I look forward to these Dutch recipes

How do you manage with all these websites / forums etc

Here's me struggling with just one forum. I have lost my only moderator. Has anyone seen John somewhere in this forum ?

Glad you've joined us

Smile

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda53 on 18.12.09 21:40

Hello ceesboog, I saw that article too and from that I made my choice. I tried to find out where to buy the Prolectrics one of the same size but couldn't find it anywhere on the internet or any reference to it. I could find the 7 ltr one. In the end I chose a Flavorwave Turbo and bought from Germany via a well known auction site for 43€ inc postage to France. So far I'm very pleased with it.

Linda53

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  ceesboog on 19.12.09 9:51

Reeta wrote:Welcome to the forum ceesboog.

Thank you for your contribution.I look forward to these Dutch recipes

How do you manage with all these websites / forums etc

Here's me struggling with just one forum. I have lost my only moderator. Has anyone seen John somewhere in this forum ?

Glad you've joined us

Smile

The golden rule is working always methodicly. That's why I wrote in another message move the subjects to the right categories. My first forum I had in 1989 before there was internet, it was a bulletinboard to which people from all over the world logged into thru telephone lines. So I have a lot of expierence with computers and software. With 54 i'm not a whizzkid, but whizuncle or something like that.

Those 18 websites/forums cover most of my interest areas, except photography, besides that i'm into genealogy and history and help local authors find the needed information and am writing my own historiebooks, guiding people mostly from USA
around my village because here lie the roots of the American Roosevelts.
And also have time to fix old computers which I give for free to elder people or people in welfare.
And then still I have a lot of time Smile

ceesboog

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 19.12.09 12:06

ceesboog wrote:
The golden rule is working always methodicly. That's why I wrote in another message move the subjects to the right categories.

Noted. Will get this forum in shape after Christmas. I need to feed the relatives on Christmas day, get them out of the house on boxing day, then I will have more free time. Very Happy

Since you are interested in History, here's a little bit of history for you - my beautiful island of Mauritius where I was born is called I'le Maurice in French.

In 1598, a Dutch squadron, under the orders of Admiral Wybrand Van Warwyck, landed at Grand Port (a bay / harbour in Mauritius) and named the island "Mauritius", in honour of Prince Maurice Van Nassau, "Stathouder" of Holland.

However, it was not until 1638 that there was a first attempt of Dutch settlement. It was from Mauritius that the famous Dutch navigator Tasman set out to discover the western part of Australia. The first Dutch settlement lasted only twenty years. Several attempts were subsequently made, but the settlements never developed enough to produce dividends and the Dutch finally left Mauritius in 1710. They are remembered for the introduction of sugar-cane, domestic animals and deer.

Reeta

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ceesboog on 19.12.09 17:50

Reeta wrote:
ceesboog wrote:
The golden rule is working always methodicly. That's why I wrote in another message move the subjects to the right categories.

Noted. Will get this forum in shape after Christmas. I need to feed the relatives on Christmas day, get them out of the house on boxing day, then I will have more free time. Very Happy

Since you are interested in History, here's a little bit of history for you - my beautiful island of Mauritius where I was born is called I'le Maurice in French.

In 1598, a Dutch squadron, under the orders of Admiral Wybrand Van Warwyck, landed at Grand Port (a bay / harbour in Mauritius) and named the island "Mauritius", in honour of Prince Maurice Van Nassau, "Stathouder" of Holland.

However, it was not until 1638 that there was a first attempt of Dutch settlement. It was from Mauritius that the famous Dutch navigator Tasman set out to discover the western part of Australia. The first Dutch settlement lasted only twenty years. Several attempts were subsequently made, but the settlements never developed enough to produce dividends and the Dutch finally left Mauritius in 1710. They are remembered for the introduction of sugar-cane, domestic animals and deer.

Reeta

Yes we "Dutch" Twisted Evil . So tu parlez francais aussi?
As I understand Mauritius was inhabited around year 1000, and know to Arba and Australian sailors.

ceesboog

Back to top Go down

Lost Moderator

Post  wimplebum on 19.12.09 20:35

Hi there,

I'm not lost, but thanks for the concern. I have been very unwell for the last 3 weeks and not really accessing anything including emails during this time. I'm back now though.

These pdf files you have mentioned, if you send them over I can convert them (long as there are not too many of course) and then put them on the site for you. Would be great to increase the recipes available here.

Best regards

John

wimplebum

THANK YOU : 34

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 19.12.09 21:25

ceesboog wrote:
Yes we "Dutch" Twisted Evil . So tu parlez francais aussi?

ah oui c'est vrai tonton whiz, Je parle français! En fait j'enseigne le Francais aux élèves du primaire

Translation: yes whizuncle I speak French. In fact I teach French to primary school pupils

Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 19:15

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum