Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

My halogen oven search

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My halogen oven search

Post  meerkat on 12.04.11 22:23

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and to the Halogen world of cooking. Spent loads of time search the web for a suitable oven that will feed a family of 5 which was the easy part but do you really need all the assessories e.g steamer, fry pan etc? Can you help me as I will be using the oven for everything? Some reviews I have read say the oven will last up to 2 years only, can anyone comment on this who have had their oven for a long period of time with continual use?Anybody got any tips as to which make is the best and whether digital is best. Apologies for all the questions but I want to get the best for my needs. :confused:

meerkat

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: My halogen oven search

Post  Admin on 13.04.11 7:01

Hi Meerkat,
Welcome to the forum.

Cooking for 5 adults, such as a full roast dinner, is not easy. You need to know what goes in first on which rack, when to add the vegs etc.. You will need to experiment until you get it right for the amount of food you are cooking for your family.

It is also not advisable to put too much food in the oven because it requires hot air to circulate all around the food for it to cook properly.

The only essential accessory you need to buy is the extension ring if one is not included.

No you can’t use the oven for everything. Don’t believe everything the TV commercials are showing you.
It is better than the microwave but cannot replace the conventional oven if you normally cook for a family of 5 everyday. You will get a "claustrophobic" feeling when trying to fit all your food in just one bowl Laughing

When cooking potatoes and a few other root vegetables I still parcook them in the microwave then finish off in the halogen.

My first one lasted for about 16/18 months. Now I am a bit wiser, I bought another one with 3 years extended warranty.

Unfortunately they don’t last for a long time, especially if you use it everyday. It is just like a light bulb - you get to use it for so many hours then it burns out.

Which make is the best? I would advise you to buy one where you can also buy the extended warranty for about £10.00 including free collection and delivery.

I can’t comment on digital HO. I have never used one. Let’s hope someone else has and can tell you what the benefits are.

No need to apologise for asking these questions. That’s the aim of this forum - to help you Smile

coucoufleurbleue

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  meerkat on 13.04.11 10:36

Thanks Reeta you are a great help. sunny

meerkat

Back to top Go down

Post  poppyseed on 07.05.11 21:35

Hi Meerkat after my oven and hob breaking and not being able to replace them my mother in law gave me her halogen oven and 2 electric rings so having never used a halogen oven before I was forced into using it for everything I used my normal oven for,With the help of this website I soon came to grips with it and am still using it now as i still dont have an oven.My mother in law had it for about 18 mnths before passing it on to me and I think ive had it about 6 months,the element went a few weeks ago but luckily my partner replaced it,very tricky to replace though.My halogen oven is a wolf one and comes with all the extras apart from a toast rack,it has the frying pan,steamer tray,low rack and high rack,tongs,extension ring and lid stand which can all be replaced,i think its 12 litres and 16 with the extension ring,very good value too,hope thats helpful.

poppyseed

THANK YOU : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  meerkat on 08.05.11 19:32

Thanks Poppyseed for taking the time to share your halogen experiences, much appreciated.

meerkat

Back to top Go down

Post  poppyseed on 08.05.11 21:53

no probs,glad to help.

poppyseed

THANK YOU : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:57

Sponsored content