Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Cake tin recomendations?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cake tin recomendations?

Post  JohnB on 26.03.11 15:58

I thought I'd have ago at a cake. I bought the Tesco Home Bake Lemon Drizzle cake mix as I thought if it went wrong it was only £1.90 wasted. The cakes comes with a cardboard tray for use to cook the cake in. Recommended temperature is 180 for 20 minutes but I thought I'd reduce the cooking time as the HO is an unknown quantity for me. The cake cooked OK but needed the full 20 minutes. Only problem is the cardboard tray was awful to remove (should have used greaseproof paper to line it!) and the cake was not a pretty sight when I finally got it on the plate! Despite this it cooked well and is quite tasty.

I'd like to know what size tins the rest of you use. I have a JML HO.

I want to try a coffee sponge like my mum used to make, at some point. Do I cook the two parts separately or both together at the same time? If so what are the cooking times.

TIA

John

JohnB

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: Cake tin recomendations?

Post  Admin on 26.03.11 16:30

JohnB wrote:I want to try a coffee sponge like my mum used to make, at some point. Do I cook the two parts separately or both together at the same time? If so what are the cooking time

Hi John,
here is a post from Hummingbird - to answer your questions.
It is a good idea to read the previous posts for useful tips and advice. Check out the recipe section for sponge cakes/sandwich cakes etc
Cooking time and temp included with recipes

Hi Gingernut welcome to the forum baking a sandwich cake you need two 7-8in round cake tin and to cook them separately to get them to cook properly try reading some of the cake recipes posted here by members who have tried them so the do work, I have found some of the ho cake recipes are over ambitious in there cooking times so may take longer and the cake may need to be covered with tin foil to prevent over cooking the top, my personal tip would be to cover the cake for the first part of the baking then remove tin foil for last 15-20 mins Hope this helps you

Posted by Hummingbird on Mon 14 Mar 2011 - 16:22

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnB on 26.03.11 17:36

Thanks Reeta.

JohnB

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down