Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Affiliates
Free Recipes

Tender beef stew

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tender beef stew

Post  marshall on 07.03.11 9:29

Please could anyone give me information on getting a tender beef stew. In a conventional oven I would cook it for about 3 hours. Any help regarding temp. and length of time would be appreciated, also would a normal pyrex casserole dish with a lid on be the right dish to use? Thanks in anticipation of a helpful reply.

marshall

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Tender beef stew

Post  Reeta on 07.03.11 13:58

Hi Marshall,

There are a few posts about beef stew here and also a Lamb Stew. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's best to read some of the posts to get advice from members who have tried beef stew already

A pyrex casserole dish is fine.

coucoufleurbleue
Reeta
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  cooker on 06.05.11 16:07

marshall wrote:Please could anyone give me information on getting a tender beef stew. In a conventional oven I would cook it for about 3 hours. Any help regarding temp. and length of time would be appreciated, also would a normal pyrex casserole dish with a lid on be the right dish to use? Thanks in anticipation of a helpful reply.
Smile
USE BRAISING STEAK WITH CARROT, ONION AND CELERY IN A GLASS CASSEROLE DISH WITH LID, A PIECE OF FOIL UNDER THE LID HELPS TO STOP DRYING OUT. cOOK ABOUT 180 TURNING DOWN TO 160 WHEN BUBBLING ,2HOURS SHOULD DO IT.

cooker

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 07.05.11 9:59

Thanks Cooker - that's much appreciated

thank you
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: